Ken S

KTM Adventure windscreens

After an all day Baja street ride with 1000 bugs on my face shield I’m looking for a taller wind screen. 

What route have you gone with. 

This adventure bike is making you soft.

• Haha 1

I cut mine down on the 990. Just can't stomach the idea of landing on the edge of the windshield during a fall.

30-some thousand miles, still happy.

14 hours ago, Ken S said:

After an all day Baja street ride with 1000 bugs on my face shield I’m looking for a taller wind screen. 

What route have you gone with. 

When Rigger and I dropped down in April I was only wearing Sunglasses in a pure off-road helmet most of the time........I got hit pretty hard withy bugs in some of the agricultural areas....

The short screen on the 950SE doesn't bother me, but an adventure lid with full shield will likely be on my head for the next foray on the big bike......

My screen only comes halfway up my chest. 

Looks cool. Good for dirt riding. Not very functional. I hit a swarm of bees late yesterday at about 70. They make a big mess ( I had just finished washing my bike and had to do it a 2nd time). 

Looking at California Scientific low screen. 

I also prefer the shorty windshield set up.  Moose Racing has a nice one for the 990.  Like Paul, I don't like the idea of a hitting a screen during a crash and the stock one caused a lot of buffeting at the helmet line for me.

61Q0WLFF4FIV5RT6-product-large.thumb.jpg.50d5a8471967685873866fe4a17d2e4e.jpg

I'm running the KTM touring screen on mine. I have the original screen that is cut down like Paul's and Mike's too. I switch out between the two depending on what I'm doing. When I do longer rides, I like the touring screen. The height doesn't bother me too much off road and having the extra protection on the long slab sections is a life saver for me. I can tuck in behind the touring screen and pin the throttle for an entire day....it's way better than getting buffeted for 10 hours.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they make a givi airflow for your bike but its adjustable on the fly up or down with one hand. I have one one my v-strom but it looks a little funky though