KTMrad

3 of My Friends Got the 790 Adventure R

I agree; that pricing is crazy!

I want one (don't have time to ride what I have.......).  Would be cool to put Mrs simicrintz on the back of that instead of the 650 :)

Hello All, That's my bike in the first pic. Long time BMW Boxer GS rider, but this time I was looking for something with less weight and bulk, but still more streetable than a single. Had a deposit down since January. I was #3 on the list and GP got 3, so I just made it. Next batch is due in November, but I believe those are all sold too. I'm just about due for my 600 service now, so first impressions are during break in. Mostly street and a few local fireroads, Engine is quite peppy for 799 cc's, suspension is real good, but the thing that really stands out with this bike is the electronics package. It has the quick shifter, cruise control, enduro abs (abs on front, lock rear), and something called "Rally Mode" This is the on the fly 9 way adjustable traction control "slip" adjustment. I know, who needs all this stuff on a dirtbike, but it all works pretty seamless and is a hell of a lot of fun. After first service it will be time to get into more technical off road riding and see how that goes. Huge thread over on Advrider.com in the "Orange Crush" section about the 790 for more info.

ShaftEd

Nice bike. Post up a ride. I’m in Alpine on a new 1090r. Still a big bike newbie. 

I just talked to my friends who got these....none of them paid much more than MSRP....these shops charging over $20,000 are reaming people....that's sad.

1 hour ago, KTMrad said:

..these shops charging over $20,000 are reaming people....that's sad.

I once had a friend- I know, hard to believe...She was a 12 stepper for several reasons. She's the one who taught me:

"No victims, only volunteers".

1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

I once had a friend- I know, hard to believe...She was a 12 stepper for several reasons. She's the one who taught me:

"No victims, only volunteers".

Yeah, true...but doesn't make it right for the certain shops to be reaming people.

9 hours ago, KTMrad said:

Yeah, true...but doesn't make it right for the certain shops to be reaming people.

No different than when a seller has to move a bike (or anything) out and gets reamed by the lowball buyer, right?  There is no right or wrong price, it's what the market will bear at that specific moment.

Before you go bashing Motoworld I woudn't take the 20k number seriously. Second hand info....

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, ShaftEd said:

Hello All, That's my bike in the first pic. Long time BMW Boxer GS rider, but this time I was looking for something with less weight and bulk, but still more streetable than a single. Had a deposit down since January. I was #3 on the list and GP got 3, so I just made it. Next batch is due in November, but I believe those are all sold too. I'm just about due for my 600 service now, so first impressions are during break in. Mostly street and a few local fireroads, Engine is quite peppy for 799 cc's, suspension is real good, but the thing that really stands out with this bike is the electronics package. It has the quick shifter, cruise control, enduro abs (abs on front, lock rear), and something called "Rally Mode" This is the on the fly 9 way adjustable traction control "slip" adjustment. I know, who needs all this stuff on a dirtbike, but it all works pretty seamless and is a hell of a lot of fun. After first service it will be time to get into more technical off road riding and see how that goes. Huge thread over on Advrider.com in the "Orange Crush" section about the 790 for more info.

A friend of mine also picked one up from GP a week or so ago........I think he's only put a couple of hundred miles on it thus far........he'll be a light duty user.....

I got an amazing deal from MotoWorld on my 1090r. $13500 out the door. About the same as I paid for my 500exc. Not bashing them. 

1 hour ago, Ken S said:

I got an amazing deal from MotoWorld on my 1090r. $13500 out the door. About the same as I paid for my 500exc. Not bashing them. 

They've always been fair with me also. 

Thanks ShaftEd, still got it?  Bump, hmmm, a year and a half ago, that went quick..... 790 latest info?....... but might need to be shifted to 890? What do our members think/know?

1 hour ago, MacDuncan said:

Thanks ShaftEd, still got it?  Bump, hmmm, a year and a half ago, that went quick..... 790 latest info?....... but might need to be shifted to 890? What do our members think/know?

He's still got it and still loves it.