Crawdaddy

25th Annual Big Bear Run June 22nd

In case you didn't know, this year marks the 25th year for the annual Big Bear Run........I've been riding or working this event as a member of the Big Bear Trail Riders since 2002........riding an easy loop this year with a friend from work.........I encourage everyone to check it out if you've never been.........work hard/earn a hard way plaque, or cruise the easy, or take the Adventure bike loop

https://www.bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=849383&module_id=20431

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Crawdaddy said:

In case you didn't know, this year marks the 25th year for the annual Big Bear Run........I've been riding or working this event as a member of the Big Bear Trail Riders since 2002........riding an easy loop this year with a friend from work.........I encourage everyone to check it out if you've never been.........work hard/earn a hard way plaque, or cruise the easy, or take the Adventure bike loop

https://www.bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=849383&module_id=20431

Bump.......ride is THIS weekend.........not too late to get in on the action........wide diversity of routes available (adventure, easy, hard way).........Carbo load spaghetti dinner at Friday registration and Saturday banquet after the ride.......an easy Sunday loop is also available.......

I'll be out there taking on the hard route. Fell short of finishing the hard route last year by about 40miles but I'm shooting for the plague again this year.

1 hour ago, TexasDualler said:

I'll be out there taking on the hard route. Fell short of finishing the hard route last year by about 40miles but I'm shooting for the plague again this year.

Start EARLY, slow and steady gets the plaque.......lunch is a Snicker's bar while filling your gas tank.

Meanwhile, I'll be having a beer with lunch on the easy way :heh:

That’s the plan! I’ll be there bright and early so I can get started as soon as they’ll let us start. 

2 hours ago, TexasDualler said:

That’s the plan! I’ll be there bright and early so I can get started as soon as they’ll let us start. 

You’ll get your plaque if you can avoid getting a spear head in your tire this year Devin. 

Carry 2 tubes this time. 

Good luck. 

Went the distance on the hard route but missed the very last check by an hour so no plaque for me again this year. Started rolling like 5 minutes after 6am, didn’t finish until 830pm. It was a loooonnngggg day.

No flats. No mechanicals other that the bike running like crap most the day. Boiled off a ton of water on 38 special and white mountain. I was beat by check 5 but powered through the rest. No major get offs, couple of standing drops on 38 special amongst all the carnage. Body is good, just insanely sore. 

Not sure if I’ll try again next year. Don’t think want to put my body through that again anytime soon 😂

• Haha 1