Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Yamaha Super Tenere 700

Just looking at the dressed/undressed pics I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the Modelo holder on the lower front frame as a conversion perk.đŸș

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, Zubb said:

Yeh, I like Big Bikes, I cannot Lie, but I am inclusive, and woke in the moto world and embrace all brands and styles.  I'm just picky about the one I want sitting in my garage.  Wait.  Correction.  I'm picky about the one I want sitting under my arse.

I haven't ridden the T7 yet but would love to.  A respected friend of mine bought one last year and says it's "the one" in the middleweight category.  So you should absolutely ride one.  I've had a few of these join on group rides and come through class in Borrego.  Sadly, they fall over just like the 790's, KLR's, 1290's and Boxers. But I've been unlucky as I haven't yet gotten to the bike in time to help pick it up!  Someone always beat me there to lend a hand.  I'll probably get to ride one for a day or two in Colorado this summer.  I hope so and will report back if I do.

Well surprise surprise I was fortunate to spend the last week with a group including two T7’s and a couple days of sand in Borrego and 5 days in Baja dirt. 
1- yes they fall over just like every bike I’ve owned. 
2- they ‘pick up’ easier than the F700,800,850. Very Africa Twin ‘ish when one is grunting it back up onto two wheels. 
3- that 21” front sure softens up the pot holes and washboards, but you already knew that. 
4- the power band is a true delight and very manageable in all conditions. Yamaha  nailed that. 
5- suspension is fine depending on your personal taste and style. Personally I’d have George work it over if it was mine. 

Our bikes were all loaded about half or less with ADV gear. No camping gear. 

I borrowed the bike below for about 100 miles of, mud, potholes, sand, mud, pavement, mud, and some mud. I think it’s a GREAT bike. And as always, I was happy to get back on my big green monster. 

Ride report following after my dust settles at home for a couple days. 
D6DC094B-CDDF-489D-BCDD-CC5F5091B077.thumb.jpeg.6e378e2870d6a3ccabfcac436fd71b76.jpeg

• Like 1

Good Morning,

I need a little real experience advice. I've spent a considerable amount of time around and on the Idaho BDR lately. Seriously  considering selling the 990 and the 06 Husky 510 to purchase a midrange bike. Been seeing a few of these 700's and of course lots of all examples of everything else. Was going to try the test drive route but I never buy new anyway. 

Anybody done any head to head comparisons?

Not pulling the trigger right away but circling the prey, preparing.

Thank You for any and all comments.

Uncle C.         P.S. I'm 6'4" if one platform is better for tall and 240lbs more or less with luggage.

At 240 I'm guessing you'd want to beef the suspension a bit, but that could go for any bike you buy.

I'd be concerned about the triangle (pegs, grips, shoulders) being a bit cramped at your height. Unless you plan on riding on the seat all the time.

I've become a bit persnickety in my old age about fit.  If the ergo's don't fit then you'll be fighting them the whole time for proper/relaxed balance (can you say Arm Pump).

Brett does a great job of talking about this . . . .

UC,

I hear you my friend.  Have riden the 700. It is a street Bike, with a heigh COG.

Have an issue with anything over 300lbs, Street or OR. Thinking of a 690 as A Street Bike. Done street touring, Adventure, and a 690. Unless you love the Interstate, give up on the Adventure mystique.

• Like 1