Oracle

Overnighter on Friday 06/07/19...Ramona to Santa Rosa

Hey Huntdogs, if you need anything bigger than your day tippers, I have a few options you could borrow 👍

1 hour ago, Wierdrider said:

Hey Huntdogs, if you need anything bigger than your day tippers, I have a few options you could borrow 👍

Thanks for the offer Wierd totally appreciated! I have everything I would need packed on the bike but larger bags are in my future for sure. I really want to go on this and bust my moto camping cherry, but I am moving my dad into a memory care facility on Saturday afternoon. Probably not good to ride when my thoughts and emotions are scattered all over the place. Dementia is a horrible disease. 

• Sad 1

I’m real sorry, my dad had dementia also. It is horrible!

If there’s anything I can do, please feel free to reach out.

🙏🏻

Changed the move in day to Sunday... I will see you Friday.

• Like 1

I might be able to pull this off.  Something a fat bike (Super Tenere) should do? 

12 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I might be able to pull this off.  Something a fat bike (Super Tenere) should do? 

Yup, no problem. Mostly graded fire roads.

I have a retirement ceremony to attend, probably not gonna make it.  Have fun y’all!

Thanks for letting us know. 

OK, guys, we are a go. Please be at my house around 1:30 to 1:45. I've PM'd my address to those that needed it. For those driving a cage, the gate code is #5150. For those riding, there is a horse access opening to the left of the gate you can just ride through. There are a lot of horses in my neighborhood....and horse people are weird...they don't like anything but horses and the especially don't like hoodilums on murder cycles...so easy on the braaaps as you come through the 'hood.

We'll be KSU at 2. It would be nice if everyone had a full tank, or at least enough to make it 70 miles, which will get us to Anza. If not, no biggie, we'll stop in town and top off. The route from Ramona to Anza is at least 60% dirt. When we get to Anza, we'll fill up again, grab some beer/food/water...whatever we need. From Anza it's an easy 10 miles of pavement east to another 5 miles or so of graded fire road up to the top of Santa Rosa. The elevation is over 8000 feet so keep that in mind. 

Any questions, hit me up?

On 6/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, paulmbowers said:

This is SO TRUE.

I cringe whenever I see this at the beginning of a ride. I once saw a stack of three rotopax bungeed to the back of a bike.

Yep. I ruined a perfectly good Belstaff jacket back in the day doing that.

I want to try one of these rides on my 500 using a backpack. See if this could work or would it be too much weight on the shoulders /top heavy, etc......

12 hours ago, Oracle said:

Any questions, hit me up?

Yes. 

What will be served for dinner? I’m a gluten- free vegetarian and need to convey my preferences to the chef. 

Is it a full bar, or just beer and wine?

33 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

And the code 5150 is much appreciated. 🤣

And likely appropriate...

Gluten free, vegatarian granola bars for Bowers

21 year old Bourbon and Coors lights for LB

BTW, I'm up for leaving earlier if that works out.

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

BTW, I'm up for leaving earlier if that works out.

I can be at your house at 12:30. KSU at 1ish? I'll keep my eye on this and see if that works for the other guys.

9 minutes ago, amgems said:

I can be at your house at 12:30. KSU at 1ish? I'll keep my eye on this and see if that works for the other guys.

Yeah, I ready and basically just waiting now. I'll check back to see if it pans out.