Oracle

Overnighter on Friday 06/07/19...Ramona to Santa Rosa

This coming Friday, I will be riding from Ramona to the Santa Rosa mountains (just east of Anza) and camping for the night. I'll be leaving my house in Ramona by 2pm (could wait till no later then 3pm if need be) and heading north via primarily a dirt route. If you haven't done this route before, it's fun, easy, and suited just fine for big bikes or small bikes.  If you've never camped off the bike before, this is an excellent opportunity to give it a try. I'd be happy to help anyone with guidance or input on setup. 

If anyone would like to go, please answer up here. If you decide you want to go, please be prepared with a properly set up bike, supplies as needed, have the ability to ride 75 miles on dirt roads and trails with minimal stops, not be on parole or probation, and have a cool positive attitude. 

I'll be packing up Saturday morning and then hammering it to be home by noon.

BTW, I've already secured a fire permit.

LB

P.S. I reserve the right to back out of this ride at the last minute do to the one million things going on in my life that might not line up for whatever reason. But as of now, I'm a go.

P.P.S. Anyone that wants to truck their bike to Ramona can park at my house.

We are going try and camp here:20151002_134642.thumb.jpg.a8bdb918657c74ff5121881a166b0817.jpg

Have fun can only get out Sunday for small bikes in baja

2 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

63.277% in.

Really??? No motel??? Sleep on the ground???? Say it ain't so....

1 minute ago, PbdBlue said:

Really??? No motel??? Sleep on the ground???? Say it ain't so....

Not the first time. I promise.

12 hours ago, Oracle said:

P.S. I reserve the right to back out of this ride at the last minute do to the one million & 1 things going on in my life that might not line up for whatever reason. But as of now, I'm a go.

Could not have said it better....

• Like 1

Take a good pad and windbreaker clothes, my socks were not high enough and I was on the rotisserie of pain all night.

Beautiful views, cold wind, good road in, well worth the trip.

Wife's cousin is in town.........we have entertainment duty Friday night - Sunday morning.......

FYI - Bike Sluts former band, the Tighten-ups, are playing at Wong's Saturday night

Would there be a fuel stop along the return route or is that 75rt?  This is a possibility for me, never moto camped before, probably bring too much crap. Trying to fit this in my schedule.

There is fuel in Anza before we head up into the mountains.  Also, a place to stop for camp "refreshments".

3 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

There is fuel in Anza before we head up into the mountains.  Also, a place to stop for camp "refreshments".

Perfect, I’m comfortable to about 120 miles range give or take.  

36 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

Would there be a fuel stop along the return route or is that 75rt?  This is a possibility for me, never moto camped before, probably bring too much crap. Trying to fit this in my schedule.

Definitely. You could do this route on a stock tank. Everyone brings too much stuff the first time they camp off the bike...it's a right of passage...:heh:

You will probably need a decent saddle bag or pannier set up to carry your gear...small single tent, sleeping bag, pad, warm set of clothes, food/beverage, misc. tools, parts, water, etc.  No bungee cording stuff to your bike....it will not survive the trip and will end up in your rear sprocket.

Got small day tripper bags but a large top bag, tent, cookware etc.  Carrying enough water is a concern, but I think I got this.

1 hour ago, Huntndogs said:

Got small day tripper bags but a large top bag, tent, cookware etc.  Carrying enough water is a concern, but I think I got this.

Hydration bladder!! 3litre, route has stop to refill

Pretty funny my Amazon photos app sent my daily history and 2 years ago today I was up there on 950!

Bummer part that was my last real ride on that bike besides quick jaunts.

Screenshot_20190604-192233.thumb.png.c29cb18aea53ff8237c6162432a9e16b.png

13 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Hydration bladder!! 3litre, route has stop to refill

Got that too, I’m 90% in.  Got some family issues that could hamper things. I’ll know by tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Pretty funny my Amazon photos app sent my daily history and 2 years ago today I was up there on 950!

Bummer part that was my last real ride on that bike besides quick jaunts.

Screenshot_20190604-192233.thumb.png.c29cb18aea53ff8237c6162432a9e16b.png

Pretty sure that means you are supposed to go. 

I'm in. I will ride up to Ramona. Meet at your house? Pls PM address. Thanks! 

I would like addy also. Would ride up from Santee.

16 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

No bungee cording stuff to your bike....it will not survive the trip and will end up in your rear sprocket.

This is SO TRUE.

I cringe whenever I see this at the beginning of a ride. I once saw a stack of three rotopax bungeed to the back of a bike.

21 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

This is SO TRUE.

I cringe whenever I see this at the beginning of a ride. I once saw a stack of three rotopax bungeed to the back of a bike.

I have more straps than a straight jacket holding my stuff on...Rok straps are better than bungies. 

19 hours ago, Oracle said:

Definitely. You could do this route on a stock tank. Everyone brings too much stuff the first time they camp off the bike...it's a right of passage...:heh:

Always make two piles - "Stuff" & Money

All set?  Ready to start loading the bike?

Great, now cut the pile of "stuff" in half and double the $$$

You're all set, load up.......

• Haha 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ seasoned veteran right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll get my addy out to those that asked in a few....