I wanted to add that I have been talking/ greasing some wheels at the shops to see if we can get them to donate some stuff to be raffled off at the trail maintenance day. I feel the maintenance days keep trails open, will help open new riding areas, and thus keeps us buying bikes and gear from the shops. To pump the event at the shops and not have very many volunteers show could discourage them.  I have faith that we will build this up and be more successful next time.

I agree Mike !  Hope we can get a better turnout next time.

May I humbly suggest trying to deconflict with the D37/38 event schedules when planning future dates? I would have liked to come out and help but had already committed to the Big Bear Run this time around and one of the past trail maintenance dates fell on a D38 race weekend.

That’s a bummer Mike, I was all set to make some breakfast burritos and camp coffee for the crew.  Next time

You’re never going to be able to deconflict with everything.  I had three things going on between Friday and Saturday but could work this in....this time.  Next time, maybe not.  Just have to see what is happening.

Thanks for trying to put this together Mike. For those out who haven’t shown up in the past, please try to make it.  It’s a small sacrifice of your time for a good cause.  The OHV gets funds determined by how many volunteers show up.

I have seen improvements over the years at Corral Canyon, new trails. Considering how many areas are getting closed or reduced in size, it’s good to see things going our way.  

My wife had one weekend off this month with no kids tournaments and it was that weekend.  I can only do what I can do.  If we had to schedule everything we need to do around every other activity that exists nothing would get done!

Sorry to hear it's cancelled.  Thanks for setting it up, Mike, and for all the work you do for SDAR!

A suggestion for the future would be to schedule these trail work days earlier in the spring, later in the fall or in the winter when the temperatures are cooler.  As it is starting to heat up now it will probably be pretty warm or hot next weekend.

And yes, we need to get more folks involved in the trails maintenance.  Come on you guys!

18 hours ago, Bp619 said:

As in red sticker, you should I asked one of rangers last time we had a maintenance day and they said yes I would be allowed to use red sticker if for maintenance with spark arrester. hopefully they still allow.

Side note that time John on here forgot user id brought his electric bicycle instead of moto. Seemed perfect.

FMF PowerCore 2.1 Ti   ……..

Any word on when this will be rescheduled?  I’d like to help out.  Many of the smaller singletrack trails in Corral Canyon are so overgrown right now that they’re nearly unridable.

15 minutes ago, noexcuse4you said:

Any word on when this will be rescheduled?  I’d like to help out.  Many of the smaller singletrack trails in Corral Canyon are so overgrown right now that they’re nearly unridable.

Probably September or October sometime.

5 hours ago, noexcuse4you said:

We rode trail #4 (Greenhorn) today and it was worse than I've ever seen it.

While talking with ranger Gabe today I mentioned that we got a little lost on trail #12( Ranger) and I would like to repaint the line on the slab rocks.  He said he would supply the paint so I am going to get that taken care of in the next couple weeks.  Next weekend it should be too hot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cj54x said:

While talking with ranger Gabe today I mentioned that we got a little lost on trail #12( Ranger) and I would like to repaint the line on the slab rocks.  He said he would supply the paint so I am going to get that taken care of in the next couple weeks.  

Please make sure you record all time spent volunteering on trails, and let us know because we need to let CNF know about ALL hours SDAR puts in as volunteer work....thanks !

I was out there today and it looks like there was a little bit of maintenance done on the 1.  Someone went in there with hedge trimmers and cleared the first little section of it.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, noexcuse4you said:

Someone went in there with hedge trimmers and cleared the first little section of it.

I had this girlfriend in college...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1