Sign in to follow this  
amockalypse

thoughts on hitch haulers...

I'm looking for a hitch hauler.

What are some good qualities to look for?

I welded one from scratch once, but then gave it away, then I had a joe hauler, but that got sold.

The biggest annoyance was how heavy and large they are in my small garage when they are not in use.

Is the ultimate mx hauler any good? I have some 2 inch square aluminum tubing I was thinking about using to build something but I dont have access to a machine shop or welder anymore.

I gotta figure out a way to carry my dualsport adventure bike...! ahem, my 1978 honda xl75. (I may expand the family to an xr600 one day).

Discountramps.com model with steel main tube and aluminum rail for bike to fit on. I use to have their 2 bike model but sold it was awesome now I'm on a single all steel Joe hauler and it's stupid heavy to move around.

I love the quality of my Joe Hauler and have never felt like I was compromising the safety of my bike when it is loaded on it.  I usually load my bike the night before I ride since if I have to drag the JH out and mount the bike all before I ride I'm just too tired from the workout!

Thought I was the only one who complained about how heavy that thing is when I have to install it!  Good to see I have company. 

And Joe Hauler is made locally....support our locals !

I wouldn't have anything else, other than a Joehauler.  Have had mine for 12 years.

I got a steel and aluminum one like Bp's talking about to replace the crazy heavy all steel unit I had. It's been great and I love the light weight.

If you want a Joe hauler all steel extremely durable one I'll gladly sell you mine for cost of "Chinese half aluminum" one and go buy one of those.

Third recommendation for Joe Haulers.  Beefy enough that the USMC uses them.  Avoid the Cycle gear knock offs.  They are total junk and bend.

image009.jpg.d17c46d7ac47a8c6710c8e6a5d2eb9b5.jpg

Steel Joe H. weighs 58lb with tongue lock. Lock makes a good handle.