Take action: https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/write-a-letter?7&engagementId=500000

Sheesh, It just keeps coming.

The Office of United States Trade Representative has proposed 100 percent tariffs on motorcycles with an engine size between 500cc and 700cc, along with parts and accessories, imported from countries in the European Union, as part of a dispute over aircraft subsidies.

It's like trying to drink from a fire hose! :o

Unlikely Fienstien or Harris would support this, but sending them a letter says we are motorcyclists and we are paying attention.

International Trade Commission is not the Senate.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/04/article/u-s-targets-motorcycles-in-eu-trade-wars/

You may be better served to write letter to Our Dear President. 

(Politics and bashing of officials either way is not permitted- Thank you) - Adv bum

:dirol:

Yep, you are right, no I mean left.  Sorry correct, down the middle.

That's interesting. I didn't realize that. I assumed that the Senate would have to approve a ruling by ITC, and that is why The AMA generated letter is sent to our senators. I'll get on the phone and call The Donald right now. 

I find it surprising that 17 people clicked the link to contact our elected officials on the Carnegie land sale and only (maybe) 1 or 2 did for this. I would think this to be more important to this audience, with all the European bikes and parts we buy. But I have been wrong before. Once. 

I received a reply from Senator Feinstein and Representative Scott Peters on this. Feinstein's letter addressed the issue directly and said she would oppose the tariffs if possible. But it also sounded like she may not have much say in the matter. Like Bags said, the letter may have been better addressed to the executive office. Scott Peters reply was a joke. Did not address the issue at all. But, at least i got a reply, so maybe, someone looked at the letter.