Bagstr

Memorial Monday - South Carrizo Creek - 0800 Show-Up

Yes, you heard it correctly. A smooth, casual exploration of ABDSP staged from the trees east of S-2 near Bow Willow Camp.

80 miles or so, un-supported, water, snacks, tubes and tools. NOAA claims 73F.  Bring a chair.

👀    🛵      :cowboy:

Edit:  This entirely in the Park so definitely a Plated ride.  If you pack a HAM radio we use 146.505.. 

A chair is nice as we sit around after for a 30 min social to cool off before the drive home.

Route?  Like I know. Usually we don't drop into Fish Creek but often visit the overlook. Typ we will roll to the southern railroad and Dos Cabezas, Jojoba Hills then roll Arroyo Seco del Diablo, cut across to Tapiado and back to South Carrizo Trucks. Sometimes we hit June W, View of the Badlands etc.

3 hours ago, Ken S said:

I’m in 

Bring the big bike so we can watch you struggle in the sand? 😎

1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

Bring the big bike so we can watch you struggle in the sand? 😎

I have different tools for different jobs. 

Bringing the 500

2 minutes ago, Ken S said:

I have different tools for different jobs. 

Bringing the 500

Damn.

Where's the fun in that? B)

Word Is,  There is a Tariff coming on 500s. Could make them a Collector's Item. 500cc and above.

I will be sticking with 450. 

Seriously, Hey Ken;  Good to see you come out. Anyone else skipping the barbeque?

Can't make this one. You boys don't cause no trouble, ya hear? 

That is exactly why we have a governor.  Word is All the Trouble is in the city.

Sorry, I won't be attending this time fellas! Have a Happy Ride! 

21 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Yup, I believe so. Mark, will you bespoke by then?

Replaced the broken spokes; but won't me making this one. Have a great ride! Global Cooling will be in force for the near foreseeable future...Next time guys. 🧚‍♀️

I'll make it , but i have no idea where you're talking about meeting.....

Bow  willow camp says it's in Julian?

24 minutes ago, Ptkatoomer said:

I'll make it , but i have no idea where you're talking about meeting.....

Roseville camp says it's in Julian?

Take 78 east through Julian, drop down the Banner grade, make a right on S2. Go about 30 miles and start looking for a sign on the right that says Bow Willow campground. Pass the entrance to Bow Willow and go another 1000' (per google) and make a left on a dirt road. Take this road a couple hundred yards to the first set of trees. If you see a bunch of naked old guys, you're in the right place. 

7 minutes ago, Oracle said:

If you see a bunch of naked old guys, you're in the right place. 

I'm out

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&mid=1xlxjE95Uc2Rrl7CHWO8IRHt6FLE&ll=32.86188457519043%2C-116.21020317077637&z=13

On the Google Map click South Carrizo Parking.  This is off S-2 north of Sweeny Pass

Nice that we have a day when people can ride with us.

Bagstr

i-P4kmHsp-L.jpg

Imagine this sign missing and just two posts.  This view is looking north with the Bow Willow Camp turn a couple of hundred yards north and to the left. As you take this turn east, you will see a group of Tamarisk Trees about 1/4 mile down the road

And forgot to mention -  Plated bike as we are in the Park

I'd like to join this ride if i may, but i have a few questions.

what's the chair for?

will this be fire roads or fun stuff?

any interesting sights or stops?

going through fish creek? pinyon?

will a stock fe450 go the distance gas wise?

I'm not familiar with that area at all but i'd like to be.

thank you

" What is the chair for? "  Gas, I have no idea what your mileage is. Sometimes 75, sometimes 90 miles; we will advise you of options if you feel short. In an  emergency we can pump fuel. I run 3 gallons and have at least a half gallon in reserve on high mileage days. 

It is a Cruise not a Race - Is a motto I have come up with. My goal for these Mid-week / Breakfast rides is to have a low stress enjoyment of the wonderful resource we enjoy, namely the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. 500 miles of two track, sand, rocks, drops and climbs. Always on the trail, no adventures off the track that despoil the scenic aspect of the park. We are not riding Tote Goats idling through the sand but riding responsibly so as to avoid harassing any civilians we encounter. try to alternate South Tracks with North Tracks to see all the sites. Street legal dualsports, mostly 500s with few 350s thrown in. Skilled riders enjoy our routes on 650s, although it is definitely more work. 1200s, not recommended.

We do stop to pause and soak up the environs and the momentary quiet. We also enjoy two wheel slides, one wheel brake turns, and the occasional mogul holed 4wheel destroyed drop and climb. 

When we return to the trucks we are a little tired and tested, ready for a sit down and banter before we are forced to return to our lives of responsibility. 

Looking forward to seeing new faces and the desert breeze.

Bagstr

sounds good to me. i look forward to meeting y'all and taking advantage of the weather.

I'll be in an older white 4runner with a 500Exc. If some naked old guys see me be sure and wave me down. Approaching the wrong naked guys could a problem.........

I'll be in a newer, White Ram 3500 (to compensate for the nakedness) with husky in the back.

I’m 50/50. Sick today. Don’t wait for me. If I show up I’ll be early. 

I'm not ashamed of my nakedness.

bordsmnj, the mantra of riding in a new group is ride your own pace, we won't leave you behind. Do not "try to keep up" and it's very unlikely you'd need to try very hard- we're not fast riders. That, along with don't be an asshole. But we'll make that assumption up front.

Looks like Bagstr Dave and I are the only regulars so far. We have radios for communications and have been riding together for years, and many are in awe of our group nurturing skills. Just stay between the lead and the sweep riders, be careful, have fun, communicate with us if we're going too slow or if you're struggling.

I hope you enjoy deep sand.