Sign in to follow this  
Huntndogs

Suzuki Big

Interesting, but I liked the old DR Big single cylinder (which wasn’t offered in the US).  

The ADV market has grown a lot lately, does anyone think we’re at the saturation point?  Every stop I made on the AlCan Highway  last year looked like an ad for ADV bikes , Klim (XXL) and Just For Men Touch of Gray.....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tntmo said:

Every stop I made on the AlCan Highway  last year looked like an ad for ADV bikes , Klim (XXL) and Just For Men Touch of Gray.....

LMAO! :heh:

I could be Up for a Suzuki Small

10 hours ago, Huntndogs said:

I'll take one, but let's drop in the old 2valve Ducati 944 first.  Or maybe the old '96 BMW 850R boxer motor.  Yeh, let's do that one.

8 hours ago, tntmo said:

The ADV market has grown a lot lately, does anyone think we’re at the saturation point?  Every stop I made on the AlCan Highway  last year looked like an ad for ADV bikes , Klim (XXL) and Just For Men Touch of Gray.....

We might have hit a saturation point for the big boys. But, I think we will be getting more mid (700-ish) and low (300-ish) displacement options. The older guys keep getting older and they have disposable income. They are having a harder and harder time picking up their loaded 1200 or even 700 sized bikes.

I personally would be interested in a 300-400 CC version of the Super Tenere or African Twin (I am not old, BTW. Only 38).

And, Mr. Gray Beard, the second sentenced I quoted was hilarious!

Get a 2-5 year old DR650 with low mileage for $3500, toss on a 790 kit. Still mid-sized with a ton of aftermarket since the bikes been basically the same since '96.

The builder of the 790 - Procycle - also built a one off stroker DR900, which a ridin' buddy in PHX has now. I'll hopefully get a short ride on it in Sept at the 1st DR Rally.