Sign in to follow this  
stroked 550

KTM Carb & brake help

hey guys 

Is anyone willing to help me fix my 07 450 exc? gas is leaking out of the overflow and the front brake lever has no pressure 

I'd be happy to help...but I'm out of town until next week. In the meantime, try this trick for the front brake....

As far as your overflow issue, the float in the bowl in probably stuck. A few taps on the side of the carb bowl will sometimes fix this. 

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

I'd be happy to help...but I'm out of town until next week. In the meantime, try this trick for the front brake....

As far as your overflow issue, the float in the bowl in probably stuck. A few taps on the side of the carb bowl will sometimes fix this. 

thank you Oracle for that link thats a cool trick... I was excited to try it the piston on my bike does not push in at all when I tried that 

that would be great if you can help me out 

Ok... how many times have you used the front brake tip in the last two months....at least three I know of.

I had the bike at a shop a few times within the last few months and they fixed the front brake issue there 

You should probably check the reservoir and clean it and put new fluid in. Something was probably blocking the little hole the the fluid pumps through, pushing the fluid up back through the line dislodge what ever was blocking the hole.