I'm interested in doing some light dual sport riding around Tecate.  I need a riding buddy or small group though.  Is anyone interested in exploring the area?  I live in Jamul right off Hwy 94 and Honey Springs rd so it's a good meet-up spot near the border if we get some riders interested.  Does anyone know some easy and scenic routes in that area?

Thanks!

Several members live and ride in that area frequently. I'm sure some will chime in when they see this. My rec is to keep checking back on this site for open ride invites. Also, there are a few, quite a few, on her that frequent Baja and usually cross at Tecate. You might want to let us know what bike(s) you ride.

Will be in hills south east of tecate Sunday doing some super gnar stuff, sorry no light dual sport this time. Definitely agree with oracle keep chiming in and look up the lobster ride tracks from like 2 years fun little loop 

I’m in. I’ve ridden down there several times but it would be nice to have a guide. 

Wheres the Kug?

What bike are you on?

I’m in. I’ve ridden down there several times but it would be nice to have a guide. 

Wheres the Kug?

What bike are you on?

I know my way around enough for a trip to Santa Veronica and ride some race course single and double track. 

Or a trip to the coast from Tecate for fresh fish and crab on the beach. 

Im on a 500exc or 1090 depending on route. 

Call out a day you want to go. Weekends only for me. 

I'm on a DR650.  Intermediate off-road skills.  Expert level on-road.  I like dirt roads or crumbling asphalt.  Washboard and gravel don't really appeal to me.

I should have put this thread in "Informal Rides".  Sorry.

Let’s do a run to the coast for tacos. I’ll ride my big bike. I’m a total newbie on the 1090. 

31 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Let’s do a run to the coast for tacos. I’ll ride my big bike. I’m a total newbie on the 1090. 

I'm in I was actually talking to a buddy on a 950se and we're gonna dual sport to Puerto Nuevo in next Month or so

I might be interested. I am waiting for my Passport. Should be here by the 31st.

I'd be in for Sunday May 26th, but not interested in going to the coast.  I've been there many times.  Looking for canyon or mountain roads.  Trying to stay away from big cities too.

9 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I'd be in for Sunday May 26th, but not interested in going to the coast.  I've been there many times.  Looking for canyon or mountain roads.  Trying to stay away from big cities too.

FYI canyon and mountains have bumpy roads and washboards, it's not in your criteria

I was looking at Google Earth and there's some interesting dirt roads around Canon Manteca in the foothills 16 km SE of Tecate.  They aren't shown on Google Maps though.  Has anyone ridden that area?

Bumpy roads are fine but after 3 miles of washboard I'll turn around.  My back can't take it.

Yeah think u better dual sport adventure ride around san diego first, Baja roads are not maintained at all and everything not a graded payed toll road is tore up, especially anything dirt after this year's rains

22 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I was looking at Google Earth and there's some interesting dirt roads around Canon Manteca in the foothills 16 km SE of Tecate.  They aren't shown on Google Maps though.  Has anyone ridden that area?

Most Baja roads are rutted in spots and probley only get graded every few years . They constantly change with rainfall . They can be done with a large dual sport bike but at a slower rate . 

Mabey take a spin out to the wine country .

Their is a Baja ride section on this fourm .