alyeska

2019 versys 1000 se lt+

Power disappointment, rode today for first time (had another damn back surgery so been down) this thing is dog slow in any mode for a 20k otd bike (not what I paid) choose a dL or storm instead, even my Africa twin could eat this thing. It has a lot of techy stuff with power modes and I’ve tried it all, my ninja 650 would eat this for lunch, just didn’t want someone else to make a 20k mistake on this turd.  I won’t even sell it on here! 

Wow, what a bummer. The reviews have been pretty good.  

Isn't the Kowi Versys designed to be a sport touring bike? 

The 2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro Pro might be a great new option for you...it should eat your 650 Ninja for breakfast, lunch, dinner, along with a midnight snack... pretty effortlessly. 😉

multistrada 1260 enduro CG 2.jpg

I bought this bike for some serious highway miles this year and may still use it, I couldn’t find one to ride since it’s totally new for 19 and there just isn’t that many out there (the deluxe model) I read all the reviews I could find on it and they were all positive but today I dug deeper into the web and found some more accurate reviews hiding that express the same disappointment I’m having. I’m glad I didn’t pay dealer price for it! I think the super ten and the strom are hard to beat in this category. 

SoCalMule is speaking my language.  That is a bitchin' and beast of a motorcycle, especially if you are doing a 80 road/20 off-road use.

• Like 1

Bikes been in shop so far it has gotten a new computer, and throttle bodies have been worked on but no resolution yet, bike was operating at 50% power, keep updating as she goes. 

• Like 1

Interesting. Keep the info coming. I'm curious now.

Bike cannot be repaired new unit will arrive next week, I guess Kawasaki is going to take it apart into little pieces and figure it out! I will be selling the new one with less than 5 miles on it on cL 

Have you been looking for perfection your whole life, or just after retirement?

For myself, it was just after marriage.

3 hours ago, alyeska said:

Bike cannot be repaired new unit will arrive next week, I guess Kawasaki is going to take it apart into little pieces and figure it out! I will be selling the new one with less than 5 miles on it on cL 

Wow!

I understand your frustration, but every manufacture will have a lemon get out into the wild. It sounds like Kawasaki is trying to make it right. Maybe give the replacement bike a chance? Maybe it will not disappoint?

Sounds like it isnt the model, but your specific bike.

My wife has a '15 V1K, and I would not have said it was slow, so was initially surprised to read this new one is a dog.  Glad to see it isnt.

as for the Sport tour /vs adv etc, there is no way anyone with a brain thinks the Versys 1000 was designed to go offroad, but it is a good sport tour. My wife loves the bike