Etch690

690 ABS bleed help.

Hey fellas.

Had my front ABS kick in during some hard riding last weekend. Since then the front brake has had a soft, almost unresponsive feel. 

I think it might just need a bleed. The pads look fine and I dont think I have lost any fluid. 

I have never messed with bleeding, but I have replaced many brake parts. Would anybody want to point me in a good direction so I can do it myself? Or would anybody like to show me some things? There would be at least a six pack in it for you. 

Thanks guys,

Etch. 

Try this: Using your hand, or your knee, press against the brake caliper, pushing it against the caliper bracket. Do this a couple times. The caliper will move in a very little bit. Now go back to your front brake lever and pull it a few times. If this doesn't make sense, I have a video on youtube that I'll share with you.

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

Try this: Using your hand, or your knee, press against the brake caliper, pushing it against the caliper bracket. Do this a couple times. The caliper will move in a very little bit. Now go back to your front brake lever and pull it a few times. If this doesn't make sense, I have a video on youtube that I'll share with you.

Ok. I get it. Does this get the fluid moving or something? 

Ditto if not reverse bleed with a syringe back to the master from caliper.

On my 950se same brake system as 690 if it's been sitting for a little bit I'll pull lever over night with Velcro or zipties before a ride and feels way better in morning.

Possibly the pins the pads slide on are crusty,  Can I say crusty here?

:dirol:

13 hours ago, Oracle said:

Worked for me........thanks LB

37 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Worked for me........thanks LB

RJ at All American KTM taught me this trick. I've shared it successfully many times, including multiple people here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Possibly the pins the pads slide on are crusty,  Can I say crusty here?

:dirol:

NO