http://results.ama-d36.org/=W=/D36/2019/Enduro/events/05 05 Rnd-2 Fools Gold Enduro/flyer.pdf

Duncan and I are planning on leaving Friday night, returning Sunday night, for his first Enduro.  I think finishing for him will be ambitious, but this has some of the best trails in D36 and we are planning on having a lot of fun.  We have room in the trailer and motorhome.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, great riding in that area, I've explored up there a few times.

Have fun !

my enduro glory dreams have been shattered...…..hahahaa  I have always wanted to hit at least 1 D36 event (steam Donkey etc.) just to check the box. But this disc/sciatica issue has curbed my enthusiasm , at moments of thought to the point of retiring completely from motos…...

• Sad 1

A quick search turned up this vid, which gives you a flavor for the area.

• Like 1

I love Georgetown. I spent a weekend up there a few years back. Next year I'm in.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, robertaccio said:

my enduro glory dreams have been shattered...…..hahahaa  I have always wanted to hit at least 1 D36 event (steam Donkey etc.) just to check the box. But this disc/sciatica issue has curbed my enthusiasm , at moments of thought to the point of retiring completely from motos…...

I bulged a disc and had sciatic pain a few years ago. In fact it seemed to be a recurring problem. It crushed my hopes and dreams. I couldn't train and riding was hard to imagine. It took awhile and I got over it through a heavily modified and revised training routine. Warm ups are now mandatory before every physical activity and sometimes seem longer than my workouts but I'm back lifting as heavy or heavier weights than I was prior to the injury.

I'd be more than pleased to offer any help I can. First and foremost is find a competent personal trainer and don't waste your time and money at physical therapy.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, robertaccio said:

Having an L5 S1 Nerve impingement that has left numbness in my right baby toe...I have found a way that I ride/live pain free. I would be glad to share with you how. 

• Like 1

Thanks all but lets not hijack the thread. I will make a Sciatic nerve thread, so we can hash out details.

My folks retired in Placerville in the early 80's.......I'm very familiar with all the paved Sierra traverses throughout the area (50/4/108/120)......Georgetown was always a lunch stop when we bombed over 120 from Mammoth before heading back across 108 and/or 4.......or dropped down the 49 from Mom and Dad's........haven't done as much off road exploring as I'd like in the area........but I plan on it in the years ahead when my time is my own........

23 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Great looking trail!

How'd the ride go?

As expected, we didn't finish.  Duncan did fine on the first loop, but had some tough encounters with some rocks, the first of which put a fold in the pipe, and the next one pulled the pipe out of the cylinder.  He was pretty beat by that point from having to drag his bike back onto the trail multiple times.  We got the pipe back in the cylinder, but then it wouldn't line up with the cylinder and was in fact pointing at the footpeg.  We packed it in at that point, but it was still 20 miles to get back to camp.  The riding there is really cool.

2019  Fools Gold pipe rs.jpg

2019 Duncan Fools Gold rs.jpg