SoCalMule

Euro Motorcycle/Parts Tariffs May Be on the Horizon

https://advrider.com/european-motorcycles-and-parts-may-get-more-expensive/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=04_24_2019

Hope this kind of politics just plain stops. 500cc - 700cc motorcycles are the size of the bikes that are effected by this tariff ? Come on! Really? Such an overwhelmingly large US market for bikes in this cc range... right? This is going to have a huge economic affect 😉 that the USA is looking for...

Oh man, SCMule

The tariffs are far reaching.  Without getting political I do think some of it is necessary to control the imbalance present between Countries.  It doesn't hurt until it affects one directly :(

On 4/25/2019 at 7:45 AM, simicrintz said:

The tariffs are far reaching.  Without getting political I do think some of it is necessary to control the imbalance present between Countries.  It doesn't hurt until it affects one directly :(

Yes I agree with you. My only beef is, how balanced and well thought out is aTariff on 500 to 700cc motorcycles? 🙂

6 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Yes I agree with you. My only beef is, how balanced and well thought out is aTariff on 500 to 700cc motorcycles? 🙂

To be fair-how well thought out are any of them?  This runs both directions, but it does seem that we have been getting the short stick for many years.  If they start adding tariffs to Play-Doh but you and I don't play with it anymore (I'm not saying that I don't-that stuff is awesome and smells good to boot!) then it doesn't really matter since it doesn't impact us personally.  I think we gotta start somewhere to regain balance.

One day we will (finally!) get to ride and then sit down and set all of this straight, Mark!  I am looking forward to that day!!

This all seems odd to me...war can be waged in many forms.