paulmbowers

New Rugged Radios Installation Gadget

I have not used it, but it's certainly worth considering.

But,,,But Wait. Need to watch that a few times. The result is an under mount vs inside on an open face. 

Also, does it work for blue connector?

6 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

But,,,But Wait. Need to watch that a few times. The result is an under mount vs inside on an open face. 

Looks like it will work on a full face helmet- BUT! It works not he side, not the back of the helmet. I'm a little uncomfortable (I hate that term "uncomfortable") with that. In the very unlikely event of an unexpected dismount, the cables will pull my neck sideways, rather than back. I'm unsure if that's factually a problem.

Here's a different video I didn't post before because the guy is so obnoxious (more energy! more energy!) but it might be helpful:

11 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Yeah my thoughts as well. Not sure about having a metal piece hanging down beneath the helmet rim. Makes me a bit nervous.

1 minute ago, paulmbowers said:

Looks like it will work on a full face helmet- BUT! It works not he side, not the back of the helmet. I'm a little uncomfortable (I hate that term "uncomfortable") with that. In the very unlikely event of an unexpected dismount, the cables will pull my neck sideways, rather than back. I'm unsure if that's factually a problem.

Here's a different video I didn't post before because the guy is so obnoxious (more energy! more energy!) but it might be helpful:

I run my cable out the side of the helmet and have tested it many times with unexpected dismounts :) The main harness is attached to my backpack so it moves with the helmet pretty much. 

Just now, PbdBlue said:

The main harness is attached to my backpack so it moves with the helmet pretty much. 

Yeah, that's a good point.

The backpack-to-PTT cable is what takes the hard pull on dismount. Pretty rare the backpack-to-helmet cable takes any strain.

Just now, paulmbowers said:

Yeah, that's a good point.

The backpack-to-PTT cable is what takes the hard pull on dismount. Pretty rare the backpack-to-helmet cable takes any strain.

The PTT has always unplugged itself in any big get off I've had. I think any concern is minimal.

Just now, PbdBlue said:

The PTT has always unplugged itself in any big get off I've had. I think any concern is minimal.

Yup, agreed.

26 minutes ago, PbdBlue said:

Yeah my thoughts as well. Not sure about having a metal piece hanging down beneath the helmet rim. Makes me a bit nervous.

+1