Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Trials bike MotoVentures weekend with Bernie.

Bernie Schreiber that is, Motoventures is hosting Bernie for his 40 anniversary of his World Trials Championship (the only US rider to do so) will take place in Aug. check the FB page for into.

I'm signed and will be there with my 1992 Beta Zero 260. Hmm time to do some practice...…..on the Jordi Tarres Replica.

The class itself sounds pretty awesome, but Anza in August may be brutal for slow speed training. 

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Wintyfresh said:

The class itself sounds pretty awesome, but Anza in August may be brutal for slow speed training. 

Absolutely correct about the temp, Fly Lite Hydrogen White or Fly Kinetic Mesh vented gear, Klim Aggressor Cool 1.0  blue label base layers ( I use long sleeve shirt  and long pants version). Also find shade when observing! lots of water and some electrolytes mixed in (RynoPower hydration fuel) . No worries we are 12 month a year riders.

For sure I need to buy a Trials helmet rather than my full moto helmet.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, robertaccio said:

Absolutely correct about the temp, Fly Lite Hydrogen White or Fly Kinetic Mesh vented gear, Klim Aggressor Cool 1.0  blue label base layers ( I use long sleeve shirt  and long pants version). Also find shade when observing! lots of water and some electrolytes mixed in (RynoPower hydration fuel) . No worries we are 12 month a year riders.

For sure I need to buy a Trials helmet rather than my full moto helmet.

When you find a place to by a trails helmet let me know. I’ve been looking. 

• Like 1

Kelly,

the main US sources are the Tryals Shoppe (NY)  Lewis sport (CA) and Ryan Young Trials   But I am going to hit my sponsor shop NCM and have a go within their catalog sources and see if I can find a decent casco!  Rob

BTW you have the Jitsie, Airoh, Hebo  (many of the top tier pros use them)  brand the Mots brand and even O'Neal has a trials helmet along with others as well. Im on the hunt looks like a Polycarbonate lid is somewhere around 100 bucks give or take , the CF lids are near 200 bucks

more and more prepared with my new Antonio Italian Research of Helmets brand fix.

trials helmet airoh.jpg

Any Alloy welders in SDAR? 

beta260c.jpg

Sold my tig welder sorry Robert, try a radiator repair shop should be quick and cheap

• Like 1

I use Kirks Radiator, Ryan is quite good at that stuff. He gets lots of practice. They are by Gillespie field, 619-562 8383

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, socalhodaka said:

When you find a place to by a trails helmet let me know. I’ve been looking. 

freestyleXtreme dot com huge inventory of everything including all the Euro Trials brands, that's where my Airoh casco came from

2 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

freestyleXtreme dot com huge inventory of everything including all the Euro Trials brands, that's where my Airoh casco came from

Thanks, now I need to look for a new Trials bike. Sold my vintage one. 

• Like 1

So Robert, how was the event. You're last bit of info showed only trials bikes allowed, so I was kinda bummed I couldn't just try it for fun on the beginner stuff.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ptkatoomer said:

So Robert, how was the event. You're last bit of info showed only trials bikes allowed, so I was kinda bummed I couldn't just try it for fun on the beginner stuff.

I posted all the stuff up on FB. It was a great weekend with a bunch of top tier US trials guys current and from the past. My 92 Beta was right at home and by day 2s fun trial our small group had shown great improvement. 

• Like 2

At the ammie level novice trials rider our nov lines were fine , they did overlap with the other sections as well. The thing that opened my eyes was the tightness of the sections. I would have little trouble on my enduro bike on many of the expert lines, as long as the trail continued on relatively straight. The biggest challenge for me is riding over a log and immediately turning a 180 back around the log inside the section ribbon. All while never touching the ground (dabbing).

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, socalhodaka said:

Thanks, now I need to look for a new Trials bike. Sold my vintage one. 

go vintage....there is the 303 Fantic in lakeside for sale that was a world champ bike in the 80s with Michaud    it was listed for 800   and said it even runs. truth is I want it but now is not my time I still have a KX125 in work

88 Michaud Fantic 303.jpg