Covered in Dust

RIP Schwinn

Spent many a dirt mile with him back in better days.☹️

O' Man!   What a pain in the butt is mortality. Schwinn is the perfect nickname, A Cruiser, a stunt performer.

Our world is diminished without Steve.

Oh Dammit...saw him a few weeks ago, knew he was having a tough battle, though he didn't show it and was in good spirits.

Schwinn, you will be missed. You always entertained us with your antics and stories.

I met you on the second Desert Dash 15 years ago and we immediately became friends, and you rode and/or helped at almost every Desert Dash since then. Thanks for being a friend and such a contributor to SDAR.

Condolences to friends and family.

RIP Steve

Godspeed Schwinnie

The true essence of a person being “larger than life”.  If you couldn’t smile around him, maybe you just couldn’t smile at all.  Another good one is gone.  😢

Schwinn, you have left your mark in the hearts of so many! The true measure of a great life had. Play in Peace Brother. 😇

The SDAR flag will be at half mast for a while for sure.  Schwinny was a true fighter.  Chemo knocks the crap out of most people but on his Chemo days he would unload his beach cruiser by the pier and ride the strand down to Tony's at the harbor and woof down a big burger and make everyone laugh, as usual.  I ran into him several times on those days and was amazed.

RIP Brother 

Gregarious and welcoming, I feel like our lives are all better for having known Schwinn. You will be missed and fondly remembered, rest in peace. 

I was near his house yesterday morning and saw a Choper Beach Cruzer in back of a pickup. I was woundering how he was doing. So sad !

Some pix of Schwinnie....man, we are gonna miss you !

RIP my friend.

B412538A-9D09-4455-A89D-1C6446673CD3.jpeg

IMG_0045-XL.jpg

IMG_3408-XL.jpg

IMG_3426-XL.jpg

IMG_3435-XL.jpg

IMG_3448-XL.jpg

IMG_3449-XL.jpg

100_7215-XL.jpg

100_7216-XL.jpg

DSCN0031-XL.jpg

DSCN0032-XL.jpg

IMG_0015-XL.jpg

IMG_0106-XL.jpg

IMG_0107-XL.jpg

IMG_0108-XL.jpg

IMG_0111-XL.jpg

IMG_0112-XL.jpg

IMG_0119-XL.jpg

IMG_0121-XL.jpg

IMG_0122-XL.jpg

IMG_0140-XL.jpg

IMG_0139-XL.jpg

IMG_0147-XL.jpg

FB_IMG_1555269025293.jpg

• Like 1

RIP Schwinn 🙏🏻

I’m sorry I didn’t get to know him better, my condolences to the family, and the extended SDAR family.

I don't know who Schwinn is. Never the less, a SDAR brother has fallen. May Schwinn rest in peace and the happy memories live on in the hearts and minds of his family and friends. 

As long as you all keep talking about him and sharing stories, he will never truly be gone.

R.I.P. meet you only twice at the techsessions. Ride forever.

Does anyone have his wife Laurie's number ?

Please PM me if you do.

Damn it!  Very sad to hear he lost the battle. Yes, Schwinn will be missed.  I will have to take the kids out and get some Nemo's cakes for dessert. Condolences to his family. If anyone knows of the funeral plans please post up or let me know. RIP Schwinn!

Oh yeah, he always kept a few Nemo’s cakes aside for me!  😀

Met him and talked to him a few times. A good guy. Very sad to hear he is gone.

Grew up with Steve in the 70's; one of the guys on a bike I always looked up to.  Spoke to him about a month ago after Randy posted up info and he was putting on a good face (typical Steve!).  He and I not only shared the love of dirt-bikes but we both have (had) Jeepsters and Blazers, and I would see him at Cruz'n Grand in Escondido on Friday nights (the season just started in April again and I was looking forward to seeing him on the corner he was always on).  Was out of town and just seeing this; very sad to hear.  

Ride in Peace, Steve; you may be gone but will not be forgotten!

BBQ, Frosty Beer and a cold Ne-Mo's. Replaying the Dash's and good times with Steve.

20190414_191134.thumb.jpg.3183eaab8db555862eea024cd0984a01.jpg

Went to see Pasta Pilot to have a couple in remembrance of Steve.

20190414_173901.jpg

R.I.P Schwinn......stark reminder of our mortality......F cancer......I also lost a brother to cancer......

Dam it, I never saw anybody that could rock a TuTu like him. I remember following the pink shreds stuck to the bushes as trail markers on one of my first desert dashes. I will always miss his spirit and love of life.

RIP

• Like 1

I don't know what's beyond this life, but I hope it has dirt bikes. Ride on brother.

10 hours ago, Oracle said:

I don't know what's beyond this life, but I hope it has dirt bikes. Ride on brother.

Yes!