Sign in to follow this  
97xr400r

2 WD

always interesting but IMO that 2WD moto ship has sailed. See Yamaha's 2WD 450 and all the Christini 2WD models among others

For a small bike it makes no sense. But for an Adventure bike, there is definitely something interesting there. The 2wd systems will continue to advance.

• Like 1

I remember when everyone said the Rekluse clutch was a bad idea too...................

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-13%20at%207.24.1

You can take the Man out of manual, but then you are left with Ual.

I have been interested in a Rokon, 2-wheel drive bike for a while. Something about them draws me to them. But honestly, I am not sure it would really benefit me. I have a Yamaha TW200, while not 2-wheel drive, that thing is a little billy goat and can you just about most places you need to go.

I don't know how a 2-wheel adventure bike would be. I don't know where or how you would use it? Most videos I see talk about body position, weight distribution, throttle and clutch control to get you over and around obstacles. But that is just videos from the safety of my computer chair. I lack experience on my heavy bike in the stuff so it is very possible there is a practical use, be it, way beyond my skill level.

My friend had one while I was a teenager in Idaho.

1- there is nothing too steep for it to climb.

2-it handles like ----

3- when any of us shot elk in a river bottom a thousand vertical feet below the trail home..... it was Rokon to the rescue.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly it wasn't any fun to go for a ride on.  But it was amazing what it could climb.  Think of it more as a winch with wheels on it, than a motorcycle.