simicrintz

Speeding ticket

Westbound on the 8.  84 in a 70.  Thinking of using one of the Mr. Ticket type outfits; anyone have any history?

Asking for a friend........🙄🤐

Call Elizabeth Aronson...she's great, better than Mr. Ticket...her success rate for beating tickets with me and my friends is somewhere around 75% !  We've used her often, and you never have to appear.

LEO buddy just stopped by and said these are tough to beat;  I may just have to suck it up and pay the fine :(

I'll give her a call tomorrow and have a chat; thank you, Randy!

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

LEO buddy just stopped by and said these are tough to beat;  I may just have to suck it up and pay the fine :(

I'll give her a call tomorrow and have a chat; thank you, Randy!

Of course he's going to say that...all I know is, her record stands for itself.

12 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Westbound on the 8.  84 in a 70.  Thinking of using one of the Mr. Ticket type outfits; anyone have any history?

Asking for a friend........🙄🤐

If you are going to ask for a friend, you got to make the story better.... 300-MPH on I-8 in a 0-MPH zone. The bike had more to give, but he was taking it easy since he was breaking it in after just buying at the dealership. Cop said my friend was standing the seat like some sort of road surfing god, yes, at 300-MPH😱

Sorry, I don't having any help on how to fight the ticket. Sometimes you just have to pay the man. Let us know how it turns out if you try using Elizabeth Aronson.

I guess my story for a friend was not believable enough :(   

I drive a lot, and for the most part try to stay out of trouble.  I was coming back from a quick work trip from Arizona and was heading down the grade after Alpine.  I was in a pack in the slow lane (in the number 3 position) with another vehicle in the fast lane keeping pace.  Saw the LEO in the center divide and he pulled out when we all passed.  Everyone slowed (of course) and when he hit the lights it was obvious someone was getting a visit and it happened to be me.  I am always respectful (like I said, I drive a lot so the odds are that I will get a ticket at some point.  I respect what these guys do and I refuse to be nasty if/when I get pulled over.  LEO was very short (license, registration and proof of insurance, please) and took my info back to his car.  He returned and said "I didn't run your plates; sign here please" and I was on my way.  Whole thing was over in 5 minutes or less.

Was I wrong; yes.  Do I want to pay; no.  I have a lot of vehicles that I insure and I really do not want my insurance to get any higher.

Rant over.  Slow down, Bruce.......

CHP officers do traffic enforcement day in and day out. Beating them in court is not an easy task. Your odds of winning, based on what little I know at this point, are maybe 10%. If you hire an attorney, your chances of having to pay another $100 on top of your fines is a given. If you do decide to fight it, I can provide you with an outline and how to proceed at trial and how to prepare. 

I have gone up against E. Aranson and Mr Ticket hundreds of times over the years. I beat them in court 90% of the time and so do most traffic enforcement officers. If the ticket was issued to you by a patrol cop, you would have a better chance, but not against a traffic guy. If you want more info, send me a PM.

If it was Officer Mullen, give up, his T's are crossed and his I's are dotted. It won't hurt to go to court and fight it, you never know maybe you will get lucky.

2 hours ago, simicrintz said:

I guess my story for a friend was not believable enough :(   

I drive a lot, and for the most part try to stay out of trouble.  I was coming back from a quick work trip from Arizona and was heading down the grade after Alpine.  I was in a pack in the slow lane (in the number 3 position) with another vehicle in the fast lane keeping pace.  Saw the LEO in the center divide and he pulled out when we all passed.  Everyone slowed (of course) and when he hit the lights it was obvious someone was getting a visit and it happened to be me.  I am always respectful (like I said, I drive a lot so the odds are that I will get a ticket at some point.  I respect what these guys do and I refuse to be nasty if/when I get pulled over.  LEO was very short (license, registration and proof of insurance, please) and took my info back to his car.  He returned and said "I didn't run your plates; sign here please" and I was on my way.  Whole thing was over in 5 minutes or less.

Was I wrong; yes.  Do I want to pay; no.  I have a lot of vehicles that I insure and I really do not want my insurance to get any higher.

Rant over.  Slow down, Bruce.......

I was just having fun. I was thinking of those NASCAR commercials years ago where the driver was trying to bribe the cop for writing the ticket for much faster so they could impress their friends.

We all make mistakes and it doesn't feel good when you get singled out from the pack. I try not to exceed 5 MPH over the speed limit on the highways (depending on traffic and road/weather conditions). I also typically drive much slower than the 25 MPH in neighborhoods just to be extra safe. I appreciate it when people slow roll down my street. Kids are very unpredictable.

Last time I was cited for speeding, I went to court, plead guilty, got a reduced fine, did the online traffic school (that was PAINFUL) and then tried to be on my best behavior after that.

my trick was always accept it pay and take the forgiveness clause, but I don't know if we still have that , no added points thing anymore within a certain timeframe.

Next step is to postpone until the court will not postpone anymore , it may be 2 or 3 x which is many months down the road. then get your court day and see if you can postpone even more. when that postponement limit is reached gamble and go to court, 50% of my tickets were dropped due to lack of prosecution (no one showed up except me) but carry your story  a good one with you, on the other 50% paid I have reduced fees instead of paying the full ticket, just by having a decent reason or raising even a little doubt.

An officer going up against an attorney, the officer will usually win, unless he didn't do a thorough job or made some mistakes.

The dismissal happens when the officer doesn't show up, and I know there are "tricks of the trade" for that.

I used to fight them myself, but once we saw Liz's track record with our group of friends, we'd go to her everytime.

Even if Liz didn't win, it usually cost less including her fee than if we just paid the fine.

I'm just sharing our experiences.

I guess my ignorance from not having one of these for so long is getting to me!  I just look at the fines and fees and rise in insurance (which I have been paying for 44 years without a single accident-should I start a new rant??!!) and I really just want to wake up and have this just all go away!  If I pay it goes on my record, right?  If I pay but take traffic school it does not, right?  I see $238 for the Bail (as it is stated) and $290 for traffic school (as it is stated on the letter from the court also).  $528 for traveling with the rest of the group is $528 less to spend on my bike; now I am really angry!!

Can I claim asylum from an oppressive regime (the boss at work is a jerk so I would think that would qualify)  and get any relief?  How about suffering from male pattern baldness?  Surely that has affected my psyche, perhaps to the point of excessive speeding (which I was not doing-I had lots of peddle left!).  Pressure from trying to stay in a size 32 jean?  There has to be something for someone like me that has had all of these bad breaks in life!

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

I guess my ignorance from not having one of these for so long is getting to me!  I just look at the fines and fees and rise in insurance (which I have been paying for 44 years without a single accident-should I start a new rant??!!) and I really just want to wake up and have this just all go away!  If I pay it goes on my record, right?  If I pay but take traffic school it does not, right?  I see $238 for the Bail (as it is stated) and $290 for traffic school (as it is stated on the letter from the court also).  $528 for traveling with the rest of the group is $528 less to spend on my bike; now I am really angry!!

Can I claim asylum from an oppressive regime (the boss at work is a jerk so I would think that would qualify)  and get any relief?  How about suffering from male pattern baldness?  Surely that has affected my psyche, perhaps to the point of excessive speeding (which I was not doing-I had lots of peddle left!).  Pressure from trying to stay in a size 32 jean?  There has to be something for someone like me that has had all of these bad breaks in life!

Yeah it sucks. First world problem though. Many more have it much harder than most of us. Hard to complain when we really think about all the good in our lives.

Life is good. Time will heal and you will have your chin on up the trail before long.

a few years back I got a similar 82 in a 65 up on the 101 in Mendocino county.  $600 or so.  What pissed me off is I was riding in a very conservative safe manner with no cars around... just normal san diego left land speeds pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  And I got a lecture about unsafe riding.  I'd have felt much better if he'd just said "gotcha sukku!" and left it at that.

At least he didn't insult your intelligence.

By the way,, I love our police officers.  Local and otherwise.

Don't do the crime of you can't do the time, right?  Like I said, I drive a lot; sometimes just the truck and other times I'm pulling my trailer (5 days a week) so I have to be careful but I do admit that I try to pack too much in a day and then rush to get it all done.  In this case it was a quick out and back to AZ and I really wanted to get home.  In a pack, but speeding nonetheless.  

So much going on (I won't open up a can of worms!) and I have always said that we are a Country of laws, and those laws apply to all.  I broke the law and I was caught.  Now I feel like I should man up but the sting of the expense has clouded my vision!

I was a firefighter for a short time in my youth; chose that cuz everyone was happy to see us; not so much with law enforcement.  I do respect what they do, and appreciate them doing a job I am/was not willing to do.

My radar detector has saved me dozens of times. Doesn’t always work around town but outon the freeways and backroads it helps a bunch.

14 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

My radar detector has saved me dozens of times. Doesn’t always work around town but outon the freeways and backroads it helps a bunch.

I know it saved us from a lot of automatic doors in the little towns we've rolled through...

1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

I know it saved us from a lot of automatic doors in the little towns we've rolled through...

Yes and a few burglar alarms 

The odometers in all of my vehicles have amazingly lowered their readings since this post came to light! Thank you Bruce!

The Safer Mule 

As have mine, Mark. I guess that is the point of the ticket and the exorbitant fine, huh?!

Just noticed that the license plate info on the ticket is wrong; looks like I am in the clear now, huh?!  Beers are on me!

30 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Just noticed that the license plate info on the ticket is wrong; looks like I am in the clear now, huh?!  Beers are on me!

Cool!

just ignore all the letters and summons. 

In an alternate universe, the patrolman was pulling over a different car from your high-speed group. 😅

Thank you both for confirming my good luck in this unfortunate situation.  The traffic gods are truly shining down on me at this time!!