erik_26

Any interest in a Salton Sea day trip?

Updated: April 6th is the targeted day of the ride

I am thinking about taking a ride out to the Salton Sea visitor center on a leisure day. 

This would be a 99.99% pavement. I would start in Chula Vista and probably take the 67 to the 78 to the 79 to the S2 to the S22 to the 86 to the 111 to the North Shore visitor center. That is 153 miles each way. I would probably stop mid way for a quick break. I can only sit on he bike for so long before my back gets sore and I need a break. Maybe find lunch over there or on the way back.

I would want to check out the visitor center, maybe explore some of the area then mosey on back home. 

I don't see this as an organized ride, all surface streets so meet up where you want, break away where you want.... pretty much do what you want when you want. Anyone want to tag along or meet up along the way? I don't have a date setup. Maybe as early as this Friday but if for some odd reason the entire SDAR pack wants to go, then I guess there would need to be a little more structure and planning so it might push it out a couple weekends.

I’m in Alaska right now but am ready to swing out there when I get back.

Next week, hopefully.  I don’t have a ride back home yet!

Street ride?  Maybe take my street bike then.  I'm interested.

pick a day - I'll see if I can do it.

I'm out of town.  Have fun guys.

I don't know who is all still interested this Saturday, April 6th. Also, I do not know where you all live I don't know a good meeting spot. We could get some rain or light showers. So, I still throw a dart at the board and see what it hits.

Meet at Starbucks in Ramona, 

1315 Main St, Ramona, CA 92065

I plan to arrive at 0800 and I guess kickstands or center-stands up at 0900. From there we will we will head on out to the North Shore Visitor Center, 100-255 State Park Rd, Mecca, CA 92254.

It is about 112 miles from there and should take about 2 hours and 20 minutes. I am not in any hurry or racing to get there. Just looking to enjoy the ride. I will bring my GoPro and Drone and might try to mess around to get some footage and picture out there. Maybe do some exploring of the area, get some lunch and then head back. I am not sure what route I will take to get home. I guess it is dependent on weather and traffic conditions. Likely it will be to head down the east coast of the sea to El Centro and then back to Chula Vista from the I-8. I am not married to the home route if someone has a better suggestion.

4 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

I’m out 😢

Take your street bike bro.

I'd go but I'm gonna be at fiesta island with my wing on that day.

While the FJR needs to get out, the wife needs a ride to the airport at 9. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get out to meet some people

Oh well...fun with dentist.  I won't be able to make it.☹️

Ok, so the headcount so far is zero. I guess the trip is canceled. 

If someone really wants to go still, just PM me.