Uncle Champ

68 Ford Pickup

So on the super secret side I found my old 68 Ford 1/2 ton long bed that I had when my 23 year old was little, she remembers taking her toys to the desert when she was way young. Short story it sat in a garage from 68 to 90, I got it in 92 with 12000 miles on it, drove it 5ish years, sold to my brother, he lost it to the man, it sat 10 years under a tree where I found it. Now I'm breathing life back into it to surprise my daughter with it when she graduates college in May ( that's the super secret part). I have the motor running (75,000) miles now but need a tailgate, Wimbledon White, its a fleetside. Only have trans service, tires, brakes, interior, detail and sealing to go, and a couple other little things.

Anybody have a tailgate?

Hey its worth a shot, I plan on having it in the Pine Valley car show in May.

Thanks for reading my blurb.

• Like 2

Should be a forum out there for that stuff, UC.  I use them for my Jeepster and my '71 Blazer.  Not as cool a crowd as this but lots of good folks, info and parts; give it a try!

No leads for you but had to say... NICE project!

19 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Should be a forum out there for that stuff, UC.  I use them for my Jeepster and my '71 Blazer.  Not as cool a crowd as this but lots of good folks, info and parts; give it a try!

When I had my '70, I used to hang out at www.ford-trucks.com lots to learn plenty of parts, but I'd hate to pay shipping for a tailgate that's rated at something like 1500 lbs capacity.