Never been before but see it mentioned here quite a bit.  My son had gone with a buddy a couple of weeks ago and his buddy went down hard after going through a puddle and hitting a rock, sending them packing.  Both are Route 91 survivors (my son did not get hit but covered his girlfriend, who got grazed twice and his buddy was hit twice-once in the calf and once in the hip and almost bled out.  My sons buddy was going back in for more surgery and they wanted to get a ride in before he went in) and until this first trip for my son he had only done desert trips.  He thought the area was pretty cool so he and I went back out to explore together. 

It was still pretty wet, and very slippery in some spots.  I did a total of 4 dirt inspections but all in all had a great time.  It seems that a lot of these trails are one way in/same way out, which seems a bit sketchy to me, but we did not encounter any oncoming traffic in about  4 hours of being out there.   Cool day (actually about 40 degrees) and always fun when you get to ride with your kids!

Corral Canyon 2.jpeg

Corral Canyon 3.jpeg

Corral Canyon 4.jpeg

Corral Canyon 5.jpeg

Corral Canyon.jpeg

• Like 1

WOW I googled Route 91 -- I get it now .

Cool stuff and yeah corral is really amazing, but yeah weekends are a disaster for heads ons i avoid at all cost, or only stick to the black diamonds never a sole on them

That's a day none of us will forget, Kug.  So thankful they were all safe, but also so sad for those who's lives were changed forever in a different way.  

Which trails are the black diamond, Brian?  We saw Bronco (?) and was told it was one of them.  Don't think we took any of them (we did have a few that were challenging-for us-but I didn't feel they were that tough.  My dirt inspections were all due to front end washouts in the slippery snot so can't blame the trail for that). 

There were about 4 trucks in the far lot, and at least one was a group my son knew and they were the only others we saw out there all day.  Maybe we picked a good day to be there!

Ranger is the main black diamond dirt bike only. Some of the jeep trails are fun depending on line selection can either go around alot of obstacles or right threw. Broncos peak trail 3 and 3a, sidewinder sodbuster trails 8 and 9. Trail 7 is also pretty tricky especially wet its bad. 

Route 91 was the shooting in Vegas in October of 2017 at the country western concert.  I got a call from my son at 10:37 saying "Dad, we're being shot at and I'll call you later".  A couple of hours later I got "we're back at our room and we brought about 30 people with us but we can't find Jeff".  I did not get to physically talk to him (I was sleeping when he made the first 2 calls and I had to wait until morning to get them) until about 6:30 when he had found Jeff at the hospital and was with him.

Not the call(s) anyone would like to get, and I have no way to relate to what he went through that night.  He's 26 and we are close and he will talk about it but I don't press him for info.  He seems to handle it very well and has gone to many concerts since, but he has told me that he is very aware of where he is sitting now and where the exits are!

It was a great day to spend riding with him Saturday morning; I am still stiff and sore!

My son sent me a short video of him chasing me around (or most likely holding him up!).  Watching it makes me want to go back again; glad we found this!

• Like 1

Never saw myself ride before and now I am definitely seeing a different perspective; I have some work to do!