Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Kawasaki KDX

Just picked up this 1995 KDX200. A little clean up, tires, chain and sprockets and will be ready to roll

DE0184C5-C648-4BA1-A9E8-5216934F2313.jpeg

9DB9059D-ADF7-4589-AA5E-479EEF1BDBD7.jpeg

Cool. Does it kick to life easily?

Do you mind if I ask how long the bike was sitting for? If a bike was sitting for a while I would be inclined to change all the fluids, flush the brakes, probably even replace the brake lines. I might replace the clutch and throttle cables just to be sure. I would probably go through the carb and maybe replace the fuel line. You are already going after the chain, sprocket and tires.

1 hour ago, Huntndogs said:

Nice find, I want one!

I got one! PM me. 

0310191713.jpg

8 minutes ago, erik_26 said:

Cool. Does it kick to life easily?

Do you mind if I ask how long the bike was sitting for? If a bike was sitting for a while I would be inclined to change all the fluids, flush the brakes, probably even replace the brake lines. I might replace the clutch and throttle cables just to be sure. I would probably go through the carb and maybe replace the fuel line. You are already going after the chain, sprocket and tires.

It starts easy for sure, it does need some luv. I will be going thought it all and for sure KIPS system. The price was to good and could not pass it up.

I see new frame but when did they come out with Up side down forks  ?? Mine is a 1990

6 minutes ago, kkug said:

I see new frame but when did they come out with Up side down forks  ?? Mine is a 1990

Upsidedown forks were on 93/94 models.

very soft stock but absolutely great trail machine , I cut my teeth on an aircooled 1984 model in the North East woods. without internet checking that looks like a 1991 model

18 hours ago, robertaccio said:

very soft stock but absolutely great trail machine , I cut my teeth on an aircooled 1984 model in the North East woods. without internet checking that looks like a 1991 model

Its a 95, first year perimeter frame.

DSC_1382.JPG

• Like 1

We ran into our friend Tim C  who was out in the east county trail system on his KDX200 (or maybe 220) on Saturday he's been riding that thing for as long as can remember and he does just fine on that thing.