SoCalMule

Borrego Springs is experiencing a "Flowergeddon"

Just a note to anyone thinking of a weekend visit to the town of Borrego Springs; the town is approaching maximum capacity! All restaurants are packed! Gas stations have long lines. Bathrooms have long lines; I saw a line of fifteen bladders waiting in line at the XL station. Traffic is now thick with cars. The photos here show some of the top offenders! 

58e21a851400008b06072f23.jpeg

images.jpg

Borrego-wildflowers-14.jpg

Yes.  Went last weekend and it was a cross between a zoo and a traffic jam at Coyote Canyon.  Also, most of the routes I wanted  to take had closure signs and barricades up "due to recent storm damage".🤨

I’m hoping midweek isn’t as bad.  Might see what it looks like Tuesday-Thursday.

1 hour ago, PbdBlue said:

How is it on weekdays? Thinking next friday?

There is a definite decrease in visitors during the week. This is a better time to ride or visit near the local area! Still many "snowbirds" that have all week to catch the blooms and trails.  

59 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

There is a definite decrease in visitors during the week. This is a better time to ride or visit near the local area! Still many "snowbirds" that have all week to catch the blooms and trails.  

Will be camped out at the Poleline and thinking about driving over. We'll see. I experienced the weekend frenzy a few years ago and vowed never again. I'll have the 4WD so I can always take the back ways:)

5 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Yes.  Went last weekend and it was a cross between a zoo and a traffic jam at Coyote Canyon.  Also, most of the routes I wanted  to take had closure signs and barricades up "due to recent storm damage".🤨

Nice seeing you out on Old Borrego Rd. Remember the two bicycles ? No crowds their and also not many flowers  !

2 minutes ago, kkug said:

Nice seeing you out on Old Borrego Rd. Remember the two bicycles ? No crowds their and also not many flowers  !

😎Yes, no crowds, not many flowers....but no crowds.

47220700712_14b7e94a26_o.jpg

Headed out 2 weeks ago with the wife and not many flowers.  Lots of green but not many flowers. Headed out to ride today with a buddy. Going to head up and over grapevine. We'll let everyone know. Also heard fish Creek has quite a few so may try and check that out.