Crawdaddy

Goldentyre 723R & 723S - Rally Raid ADV tires

These tires were stooooopid expensive but figured I'd give them a shot based on my love for the Golden Fatty on my 500

I have the 723R up front and the 723S in the rear.....I doubt any tire will last long on the rear of the 950SE........we'll see, I'll report back after a thousand or so miles.....

(Good possibility that I'll wind up going back to Kenda Big Blocks in the rear......I used those previously on my VStrom.......not the greatest rear tire but half the price of the 723 rear - https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/kenda-k784-big-block-dual-sport-adventure-rear-tire-p )

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/goldentyre-gt723s-rally-adventure-rear-tire-p

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/goldentyre-gt723r-rally-raid-front-tire-p

Goldentyre

gol_18_tir_gt_723_ral_fai-fro-1884930001.jpggol_18_tir_gt_723s_ral_adv_rea.jpg

Kenda Big Block

ken_15_k84_big_blo_dua_spo_adv-rea.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

If those don't work out, you might try these. 

https://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/sr723-tire/211941

Thanks Bags, but those look too street biased for my intended purpose........hoping to use this bike ~30% on-road and ~70% off-road (think Baja).........so I'm leaning toward more aggressive tread patterns at the expense of tire life, smoothness, road noise/handling.......at ~$80/tire I'll just keep slipping on the Kenda Big Blocks if the rear Golden fades out in a hurry......hopefully I'll get a few K out of the front

4 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Those are scooter tires, Chris; I think he is messing with you :)

I obviously didn't look close enough........NOW I see they're 12" diameter :rolleyes::heh:

I'm very interested in how this pans out, that golden tire looks really promising, lots of rubber.👍

One of the guys at 8 ball used to rally race a 950se and had great first hand experience trying to find a good tire for the back. Not your intended use but for all dirt duty he recommend the MT 21 Rallycross and Scorpion Rally.

The Scorpion is a VERY stiff tire and last a bit longer than the MT21.

pirelli_scorpion_rally_tires_750x750.jpg

pirelli_mt21_rallycross_tires_750x750.jp

For more 50/50 use I had my eye on the E07+

s-l300.jpg

Also the cheep shinko E804/E805 might be a fun option, wont feel so bad twisting the throttle.

1222-58b5b766a0ad9.jpg

28 minutes ago, 97xr400r said:

last a bit longer than the MT21.

I had the MT21s on my 620 ADV Pig........the back tire was ok and the front tire was pretty lousy (IMHO).......the front was rock hard and cupped horribly........poor feel/handling.......my $02

I use pirelli rally on front of the 950se work good and on currenty golden 723 no miles those. Previous 2 rears were 140 motoz desert ht, worked well but howled like crazy on flat ground corners surprisingly quiet

• Like 1

How's that Goldentyre holding up?

I was looking at the Heidenau k60 scout also. I'm running out of time on this D606 😀

I’ll let you know once I get some miles on them 😁......I really haven’t had an opportunity to get out and ride.....electrical gremlins seem to be pretty well sorted and suspension is done.....I picked the bike up from George last Friday.......Rekluse & Rottweiler set ups should arrive for install next week......hopefully I’ll get some miles on those tires in April 🤞