luna

New Member from Bonita/Chula Vista

Been riding dirt bikes, pretty much my whole life. Tons of MX races, desert, and Baja races back in the day.

Crashed good in Baja this last Dec., splitting my face. I had a CRF450R i converted for Baja/Desert. After I crashed I rode a Husky 501the remaining 90 miles to the border, and fell in love with the button and WR gearing.

Came home listed all my bikes for sale, and bought a KTM 500 EXC. I realize now, I just want to explore new riding areas and trails.

Been riding a ton of McCains single track with this weather, as I'm a sucker for single track.

During week, go out and do a quick Otay Mtn loop.

Greg

Dual sport bikes just open up so much more riding areas, living in San Diego it makes a lot of sense to have at least one in your stable.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

Welcome to the forum. I roam around on the Otay Mountain Truck trail too. During the week is best, much less traffic up there. Last time I went the north trail was pretty washed out from all the rain.

Welcome. I’m on a 500 also. 

Superstition Sunday at 9. 

Ill post a ride in a few minutes 

I love doing a quick loop around otay. We were going to ride around campo, but I don't have enough confirmations/people bailed so I think tomorrow will be an otay day.

Go see George at Suspension 101. 

He does amazing things with the WP Suspension. 

Your welcome to test ride mine so you can see for yourself. 

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.
Got a call at 6:45am yesterday to ride Ocotillo Wells, out the door by 7:30am. Got to ride till 1pm. After 1pm winds made it no fun to ride, and we headed home. Post up a little clip in the mud hills.

If I ride Otay I'll post up if I do.  Cool loops to do, and get my fix during the week.

Superstition is my go to for camping over weekends.

Have fun out there.

Greg

• Like 1

Nice man. Were heading out to otay today in an hour or so. Let me know if you're interested.