Riggerdan

Corral Ujjayi - Friday 2/8/2019

Need a quick jaunt through the trails - working on limited time 

KSU @ 0700 

KSD @ 1100

I know it will be cold and muddy

parking at the sac any takers ..?

Tubastraea Coccinea

Tubastrea_coccinea_(Cup_Coral)_with_polyps_retracted.thumb.jpg.e57f3cd82d0eaf8b577e38b58b788064.jpg

1 hour ago, Riggerdan said:

Need a quick jaunt through the trails - working on limited time 

KSU @ 0700 

KSD @ 1100

I know it will be cold and muddy

parking at the sac any takers ..?

Tubastrea_coccinea_(Cup_Coral)_with_polyps_retracted.thumb.jpg.e57f3cd82d0eaf8b577e38b58b788064.jpg

I won't be able to attend unfortunately. I love the color of these soft corals! Snorkeling or Diving Rigger? I love the Coral Canyon Reference! Poor Paul...

Deep, 

2 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

I love the Coral Canyon Reference! Poor Paul...

Ujjayi Breath

Ujjayi breathing can be defined as victorious breathing, where breath is inhaled through ones nose whilst the mouth remains shut. A technique I find very helpful to promote and encourage correct ujjayi breathing takes place, is by imagining with your mouth closed you’re swallowing or drinking air through the mouth. As described in the literature too.. It really works.

This technique is used to heat the body and keep the mind focused as we advance into asana practice. And by allowing breath to flow freely throughout our body we can start to purify the physical body ultimately purifying and calming the mind and the nervous system.

And by breathing ever deeper and louder we aim to focus our attention internally freeing ourselves of external stimulus and distractions. With effective sounds produced from ujjayi breathing and executing fully it can really support the minds concentration and prohibit the mind wandering. This keeps bringing you back inline with your purpose and intention of practice.

It is one the most important aspects of practising well, as the breath is the link between body and mind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Deep, 

Ujjayi Breath

Ujjayi breathing can be defined as victorious breathing, where breath is inhaled through ones nose whilst the mouth remains shut. A technique I find very helpful to promote and encourage correct ujjayi breathing takes place, is by imagining with your mouth closed you’re swallowing or drinking air through the mouth. As described in the literature too.. It really works.

This technique is used to heat the body and keep the mind focused as we advance into asana practice. And by allowing breath to flow freely throughout our body we can start to purify the physical body ultimately purifying and calming the mind and the nervous system.

And by breathing ever deeper and louder we aim to focus our attention internally freeing ourselves of external stimulus and distractions. With effective sounds produced from ujjayi breathing and executing fully it can really support the minds concentration and prohibit the mind wandering. This keeps bringing you back inline with your purpose and intention of practice.

It is one the most important aspects of practising well, as the breath is the link between body and mind.

I m feeling so grounded right now.