McCTravis

New member-N. San Diego

Hello, names Travis, I'm 29, live in Vista, and been riding for about 10 years. My rides a 2006 crf450x, used to have a 1993 cr250 that I raced District 38 on. I think I'm an intermediate/novice-expert rider, I can usually hold my own. Haven't been on really any "adv" rides, definitely want to get into over night camping off the bike. Not really into racing anymore but still like to do it every now and then, want to do D-37/WORCS. Really like doing dualsport rides organized or not, always choose the "hard route", well usually always. Bucket list rides include Tecate to Cabo and Moab. I work weekends, usually ride mid week, unless I plan a trip in advance and get time off. See you on the trail, brraap. 

• Like 1

Welcome Travis! You will find a great bunch of riders here.

Welcome to the forum, Travis.

Look for ride opportunities here: https://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/forum/7-upcoming-organized-or-promoted-rides-and-events/

and here: https://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/forum/4-informal-local-rides-amp-who39s-going-riding-33/

You can also plan your own adventure and open it up to other members. There are several member that ride often during the week. I don't know how often they camp overnight during the week though. Hope to see you on the trails.

Welcome. You’d fit right in with my crew. We’re between 35 -55 and several of still race D38. 

Cant ride much during the week but several in my crew can. We love the hard stuff too. 

Will be racing most of the D37 Sprint Enduro races this year if you want to join us. 

You're one of a few people who have stated that they are interested in overnight ride adventures.  I have been thinking about doing a few soon, will have to see if I can drum up any interest. 

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:18 PM, Ken S said:

Welcome. You’d fit right in with my crew. We’re between 35 -55 and several of still race D38. 

Cant ride much during the week but several in my crew can. We love the hard stuff too. 

Will be racing most of the D37 Sprint Enduro races this year if you want to join us. 

Cool, I saw your "Superstition Sunday" ride, was tempted to drive out there and meet up, just wasn't a "member" yet, so I couldn't communicate with you. Looked like a killer ride, I really like Superstition.

11 hours ago, tntmo said:

You're one of a few people who have stated that they are interested in overnight ride adventures.  I have been thinking about doing a few soon, will have to see if I can drum up any interest. 

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

I want to try camping off the bike in the future, still need to get a lot of stuff first. I've seen some people do it, looks really cool, at least for one night. 

19 minutes ago, McCTravis said:

I want to try camping off the bike in the future, still need to get a lot of stuff first. I've seen some people do it, looks really cool, at least for one night. 

It’s a great idea to do a local practice overnight ride, gives you an idea of what to bring or not bring.

19 minutes ago, tntmo said:

It’s a great idea to do a local practice overnight ride, gives you an idea of what to bring or not bring.

Yeah dont overthink the overnight camping, im way overdue for 1 or 2 night camping trip. Post up a upcoming ride even if you dont know where to just available dates and enough of us will chime in.

I have all my tools, tube and camping stuff in a 40litre saddlebag pretty small but have learned to not cook off bike, eat when i stop for gas, and only bring tent when rainy conditions.  Best purchases are sleeping bag and pad

19 hours ago, McCTravis said:

Welcome to the club.  Join us for the Desert Dash in a couple weeks.  

Plenty of us in this group camp off of our bikes regularly.   

IMG_3366.JPG