Vintage Veloce

A bit of help unloading my bike in North Park?

I'm hoping someone on the forum lives nearby and could give me 15 minutes of help here in North Park (in the city).

Yesterday morning, riding in the Anza Borrego desert, I caught my toe in the mud and broke my fibula in two spots. It was a long day getting home and diagnosed. But the muddy KTM is stuck in the back of the truck and I can't get it out (being on crutches with a broken leg) and into the garage

I have some friends I could ask, but none of them are familiar with unloading a bike from a truck with a ramp, and as we all know it can be a "procedure". And my wife isn't up to trying this.

So... is there someone nearby who knows this process and could unload it for me? I'd really appreciate it!

(PS, will the mud be a problem to leave on there a couple months? Usually I would hose this off pretty quickly.)

Carl

Hey Carl,

I am in Chula Vista and can lend a hand if no one else closer chimes in.

What time do you want to do this? I can help get the mud off too if you have a hose. I have a pressure washer I can bring, but I don't know how you feel about your bike being pressure washed?

Erik

• Like 1

That is very cool Erik! Let's see if someone closer is available. I can be flexible on timing, as I'm not going anywhere, and the bike is safe in the truck for as long as necessary. And I have a pressure washer.

Alright.

I got nothing go on so if you want to do this, I can run over anytime.

Thanks to Erik and his son Preston, my bike is out of the truck and nicely hosed off! Thanks so much guys!

Really, I can't tell you how nice this is!

Best wishes,

Carl

• Like 1

Dang Carl...sad to hear that you broke your leg...but, happy to hear about the support from Erik and his son...lucky that you got the bike loaded in Borrego to get it home. I was riding Borrego, Ocotillo and Saltin City yesterday also. Heal well and soon!

Hey young man , I did close to the same thing, take the drugs and maybe more than they say, get a knee scooter, screw crutches. PM me for any help.