dirt dame

Palomar and Bailey's 01/19/19

So....I met Ken and Van at the gliderport in Warner Springs and we had an excellent ride with lots of good dirt and a bit of sloppy mud.  Temperatures ranged from balmy and pleasant on the mountain and in the desert, to pretty freakin' nippy in Anza.  There were areas where we got batted around by wind gusts, but this was mostly in open areas, and especially on our pavement sections.  No drama to report, and I had a couple of tip overs due to being short.  Highlights of the ride included Palomar mountain, Bailey's cabin and Cooper Cienega truck trail. All in all, it was a great day, a great ride and great company.  I was  little surprised that nobody else showed up for the superb riding conditions.

45900090785_22b5e25c17_c.jpg32931947118_63de4c4b43_o by Paris in the springtime, on Flickr

32939385188_cf34a8b322_c.jpg32931956108_b18723ac77_o by Paris in the springtime, on Flickr

45900095225_dbefb4aa63_c.jpg31866102767_09e4253019_o by Paris in the springtime, on Flickr

32939393098_ee23cbf06d_c.jpg46807830421_bbacbdaaf5_o by Paris in the springtime, on Flickr

45900091425_05a0d52676_c.jpg31866120127_0bbc9a91b0_o by Paris in the springtime, on Flickr

• Like 1

Looks like a fun adventure! Thanks Mimi! 😁

I thought Bailey was the name of a certain KDX200 Kawasaki? No?

Just now, robertaccio said:

I thought Bailey was the name of a certain KDX200 Kawasaki? No?

Bailey was a KLX.  Riley was a KDX, as is Bentley and Fentley.  Just sayin'.....😎

• Haha 1

I will take note, so what about the Austrian/Swede big girl, gotta a name yet? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

I will take note, so what about the Austrian/Swede big girl, gotta a name yet? 

Well, all my bikes are guys, so I will be coming up with an appropriate name  for him, sometime.  Not very  creative these days, so I have just been calling him Mr. 501.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

Well, all my bikes are guys, so I will be coming up with an appropriate name  for him, sometime.  Not very  creative these days, so I have just been calling him Mr. 501.

Mister 501 seems to be a pretty cool name 

I spent the day in the Dez. Epic conditions with temps in the high 60's and standing water everywhere. 

Well done y'all.  I had planned to go, but the orange bike needed some care, and thought about using the street bike for about 7-8 seconds.......but nope. but I did fly down to Ocotillo wells on the vstrom , quite windy and nippy in the hills, but glorious in the desert!!  Likely nice at the Cabin too. Is Anza to the cabin not far in distance as Borrego Springs to the Cabin?  That bike pic at the cabin sure is purty!

12 minutes ago, MacDuncan said:

Well done y'all.  I had planned to go, but the orange bike needed some care, and thought about using the street bike for about 7-8 seconds.......but nope. but I did fly down to Ocotillo wells on the vstrom , quite windy and nippy in the hills, but glorious in the desert!!  Likely nice at the Cabin too. Is Anza to the cabin not far in distance as Borrego Springs to the Cabin?  That bike pic at the cabin sure is purty!

The cabin can only be  reached by going in on the Anza side, which is not a far distance in the dirt.  It's an in and back out route.  It's been years since the route has been opened end to end. 

Thanks Mimi for posting. I did a post on my phone and then Bam it disapeared .It was a good day. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

Mimi I have some old 501's if you want to make a super custom seat cover :)

😎😎😎