Bagstr

Coyote Canyon to Fault Wash Jan 19, 2019

SoCalMule and I had the good fortune to get out to the Wet Anza Borrego before it dried out. 

image.png

He suggested we ride upstream in Coyote Canyon and explore the Home of the Ancients. Sounds good to me!

image.png Being a volunteer at local organizations, Mark has a good deal of knowledge regarding plant life and human history of the area.

image.png

With the rains, we were uncertain of the water flow at the crossings. Alas, all is well with the road improvement made in the last few years. We were First Tracks up the canyon all the way to the fence, moist without mud made for a peaceful and beautiful morning.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rolling back into the valley I decided it would be a good idea to roll over to Fault Wash and ride it south to north before the heavy vehicles tear it up. Passing through the dunes ( outside the park ) near the landfill, we joined up with fresh tracks of a large group of five riders. Fun to follow the crew and imagine their frolic. Immediately I felt the rush to get to Fault Wash and hope it was pristine.

image.png

The tracks varied from one, two and five.  Once we arrived at Fault via Cut Across we only had two tracks in front of us. I was relieved not trucks were there first. The bliss of a Wall to Wall water sweep were on display!  SCM was a little worried about a mud block but I swore that I had never been shut out in the wash before.  There was mud here and there, but the sand is in place enough to have a good path north.  Only get this chance once or twice a year and we made the most of it!  

So Thanks to SCM for making it another great day of riding in the Park and also thanks for sharing your knowledge of the people and plants of the Coyote Canyon watershed.

Bags        ( Put the photos in some order here in the PM )

image.png

image.png

Inspiration Wash nearing the land fill.  The dunes have damed up the wash.

image.png

image.png

P10205811000w-L.jpg

P10205821000w-L.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

SoCalMule and I had the good fortune to get out to the Wet Anza Borrego before it dried out. 

He suggested we ride upstream in Coyote Canyon and explore the Home of the Ancients. Sounds good to me!

Being a volunteer at local organizations, Mark has a good deal of knowledge regarding plant life and human history of the area.

With the rains, we were uncertain of the water flow at the crossings. Alas, all is well with the road improvement made in the last few years. We were First Tracks up the canyon all the way to the fence, moist without mud made for a peaceful and beautiful morning.

Rolling back into the valley I decided it would be a good idea to roll over to Fault Wash and ride it south to north before the heavy vehicles tear it up. Passing through the dunes ( outside the park ) near the landfill, we joined up with fresh tracks of a large group of five riders. Fun to follow the crew and imagine their frolic. Immediately I felt the rush to get to Fault Wash and hope it was pristine.

The tracks varied from one, two and five.  Once we arrived at Fault via Cut Across we only had two tracks in front of us. I was relieved not trucks were there first. The bliss of a Wall to Wall water sweep were on display!  SCM was a little worried about a mud block but I swore that I had never been shut out in the wash before.  There was mud here and there, but the sand is in place enough to have a good path north.  Only get this chance once or twice a year and we made the most of it!  

So Thanks to SCM for making it another great day of riding in the Park and also thanks for sharing your knowledge of the people and plants of the Coyote Canyon watershed.

Bags

P,S.   The site is not loading photos at the moment. I will check back to add photos later.

Thank you Bags, it was sure a good day to explore with my good friend!  It felt like we were kids riding our stingrays and finding incredible treasures along the way!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

But was it...

Epic?

Oh yes! 

Bags, I'm glad that you were able to get the photos from our ride to load on to this thread!A great day! 

Happy Mule

On 1/19/2019 at 9:10 AM, Bagstr said:

image.png

You were obviously successful finding the ancient(s)!😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

You were obviously successful finding the ancient(s)!😂

So true Paul! On both accounts! 

P1020551.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome pics; just awesome!!!  Off to work now-one day I will get to ride on a day like this.......

3 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Awesome pics; just awesome!!!  Off to work now-one day I will get to ride on a day like this.......

Looking forward to "one day" with you Bruce! 

Cheers, Mark

Not as much as I am, Mark!  Gonna try and slough off a day or two in the not too distant future and make this happen before it gets warm!

• Like 1

The final photo additions have been enabled from a secure host site ( smugmug ). If I understand the instructions. 

Thanks to AirheadG for getting the situation sorted!  I do not underestimate how hard it is to keep our media secure.

Bags