ADV Bum

Super Moon, Blood Moon and Wolf Moon

Let's do it !

Anza Borrego somewhere ?

I'd go if someone is driving and can take Doc out for me...not sure if that will happen though.

OR, I'll just drive out in car...maybe Corral Canyon would be good ?

Is Corral Canyon allowing fires in a metal fire container I wonder or in a fire pit ?

How about :Anza Borrego Moondance Campsite? And in the morning a dip at Aqua Caliente Camp pool?

• Like 1

I will go to:  33° 1'45.35"N - 116°23'31.58"W for the night leaving on Sunday. I will bring Fire wood, a grill and drive my Truck and Camper since my wife is going with me. You are welcome to stay with us in your own Cabin, Tent, Sleeping bag. On Monday morning we will drive to Aqua Caliente for a warm dip ( If the Government is back in Business). Hit me up with  your information if you like to come out.

And all of this, Only if it is not raining.............

moon.PNG

Picture3 135.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:17 AM, Mr.JAJA said:

On Monday morning we will drive to Aqua Caliente for a warm dip ( If the Government is back in Business).

Agua Caliente's a county park, it shouldn't be affected by the shutdown. 

• Like 1

I’m going to try and make this. Leaving La Mesa about 2pm ish on sunday. Back home Monday by noon. 

Google maps doesn’t like the coordinates you show Udo. Any suggestion for other software that will recognize them?

• Like 1

Little Blair Valley is a great place to camp !

I can't come out on Sunday, gotta work Monday 

5 hours ago, Zubb said:

I’m going to try and make this. Leaving La Mesa about 2pm ish on sunday. Back home Monday by noon. 

Google maps doesn’t like the coordinates you show Udo. Any suggestion for other software that will recognize them?

Kelly, for future reference, if you take the "N" and the "W" out of the coords, then paste into google, you'll get a map like what Brian posted. 

I'm 50/50 for making it out. I'll know more as it gets closer. Kids sports activities will be the make it or break it factor.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, KTMrad said:

Is Corral Canyon allowing fires in a metal fire container I wonder or in a fire pit ?

Assuming they are with rains, but corral is shutdown right now for govt stuff i believe 

Hey Udo, what time are you going down on Sunday? If that spot is taken, where else would you camp. I’m planning on coming in a truck, with my KTM in the back. Hopefully leaving Sunday morning.

I'm committed to an event Sunday morning, so will leave La Mesa at 2pm on the GSA.  I think I'll get to camp around 3:30-4 if I go through Julian.  Will take time for a morning soak at Agua Caliente and plan to be home by noon Monday.

I'll be self contained with food and drink but hope Udo or Jim can supply plenty of firewood.

• Haha 1

8:41 pm looks to be the "magic moment" 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mr.JAJA said:

How about :Anza Borrego Moondance Campsite? And in the morning a dip at Aqua Caliente Camp pool?

The truck is loaded with plenty of firewood, 4 chairs, bbq grid, instance coffee for the morning. I will have some beer 2.

20190116_152451.jpg

7 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Hey Udo, what time are you going down on Sunday? If that spot is taken, where else would you camp. I’m planning on coming in a truck, with my KTM in the back. Hopefully leaving Sunday morning.

I will leave home around 11-12 AM and I think there will be plenty of room. Most people still leave on Sunday back home. I will enter the north way, like we did with the bikes and try to park after the first turnoff, staying right on the higher flats.

• Like 1

It's is a 3 day weekend, just FYI. 

16 minutes ago, Oracle said:

For who 😢😢

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

For who 😢😢

Retirees!

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Only for government employees, or banks, retirees, etc.

Not private companies.