darylhunter

KTM service in North County?

My 1190R has a service indication on the gauge.  I don't think it's a service minder, more like an error code.  Bike doesn't have too many miles on it, less than 4000 I think as I hardly ride it.  Less adventurous than I thought, plus busy with work and fam.

But would still like to get the bike checked out and maybe have the oil changed, possibly a new rear tire.

Any recommendations for shops in North County.  Previously had it serviced at American KTM in Ramona.  Was a bit of a haul, but they took pretty good care of me there.

Could make a drive to other parts of SD if it comes down to it, but would prefer some place closer just to avoid the extra time spent driving forth and back.

This is a problem- good LC8 mechanics in town.
I recently asked around, including one individual who knows all the options- and he was without recommendations.😐

Let us know what you find, ok?

I guess you have your reasons for not trying NCY, but they are a KTM dealer that services KTM.

I'll second NCY. Trevor Twitchel, previously from All American KTM, is the manager there. I've been going there for oh, I don't know, 25 years at least and it has always been one of my favorite dealerships. And they are in San Marcos.

MotoForza 2nd option. No personal experience but they are a Husky dealer, so they are used to working on bikes....🤣...(j/k)

Even BMW escondido. Jeff Whitmer runs the service department. Ask him to have CJ work on your bike. That guy knows his ----.

If you had to do the Trailtech stator upgrade, a carb rejet, install a new headlight and rebuild the master cylinder who would you recommend to do the work for a 2007 450 EXC? 

6 minutes ago, stroked 550 said:

If you had to do the Trailtech stator upgrade, a carb rejet, install a new headlight and rebuild the master cylinder who would you recommend to do the work for a 2007 450 EXC? 

Stroked 550, I have the same bike as you (07 450 exc) , Tim Dunaway (formerly of All American KTM in Ramona) did a complete Top/Bottom engine overhaul for me recently and has been my go to mechanic for the bigger stuff. I whole heartedly recommend SD Powerhouse. They are a competent group of mechanics and have a professional work ethic. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/san-diego-powerhouse-el-cajon