Oracle

Is Amazon the devil in disguise?

I love it. I hate it.  I should have invested in it.

A couple of days ago I was searching for an adapter for my Lisle compression tester to fit a different size spark plug diameter. I found it on Amazon and it was only $7. They shipped it to me in one day for  "free". I love it.

But all those computer servers, in the 20 story building in Silicon Valley, and their nosey little algorithms, have now figured out I want all these other obscure tools that I don't really need. Well, maybe I'll need them once or twice every 10 years, but do I need to buy one? Sure, why not. They will ship it to me in one day for free. OK, I'll take it. I hate it.

Retirements going be expensive. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jdawg

My sentiments exactly.  I love it, I’m addicted to it, and I’d prolly seize if you took me off of it cold turkey.

Biggest thing for me is the 2 day (or less) shipping has totally spoiled me.  I had to wait 7 working days for a shipment the other day and I almost had to take a Xanax.  Felt like two years had passed.

Stock is way to pricey now, if only I knew....

The struggle is real...🤣

Before you know it, we'll be pissed if we order something and it's not in our hands within a couple hours. 

Sure wish I would have put $10,000 into Amazon when they first came out selling books on the "internet". I remember thinking how lame that was and that no one was going buy books on the internet. 

I know a guy who invented a system to purify the existing water in a swimming pool so that pool owners do not need to bother with draining and refilling their pools.  The idea is huge and will be at least as big as Amazon; a real disruptor in the industry.  If you want me to get you in touch with this guy and talk investing I am happy to facilitate 🤔🤐🤣

It’s not really funny that I was buying something I could probably live without on Amazon just before reading this post.

Covered in Stuff

• Haha 1

Well, I have three new tools I purchased in the last three days that I'll probably never use.

I've found breathing exercises helpful if ever looking at my order history.

Yes, LB, reign this in before you retire. I had to buy the UPS guy a Christmas present this year.

40 minutes ago, TrophyHunter said:

Yes, LB, reign this in before you retire. I had to buy the UPS guy a Christmas present this year.

Yup ditto, i pay my ups in beer he knows where mini fridge is at outdoor bar area and trests himself. 

12 hours ago, TrophyHunter said:

Too late Trophy, LB’s now making it to Bagstr’s rides👍👍

They’re listening through our microphones also! My daughter started to get adds after talking to a friend about something she wanted.

Go to settings and turn off your microphone if talking about anything important 🍻

I've had the "conversation" experience many times. I tried saying "suppositories" several times per day but no adds popped up.

Guess there's no money in suppositories.  :)

• Haha 1

I'm on the computer right now reading this because I'm waiting for two things from Amazon...damn it, where are they...:grrr:

Guest Jdawg

Has anyone noticed a spate of misshipments, lost deliveries, and exceptional delays as of late?

I have had 3 out of my last 7 shipments either get lost, or have some major delay.  In the past (2 years ago), this rarely ever happened.  I have at least two friends with the same concern.

I’m not certain if this is mostly due to its growing pains, or just a degradation of service with its FCs and couriers.

Our biggest issue with them is the random locations at which different delivery persons leave the packages.  Some put them outside our gate, some inside the gate in the path of the wheel and out of sight so they're potentially crushed when the gate opens as we drive up.

Not much traffic in our area so considered building a big box with a sign that says place packages here ===> or something like that.

• Like 1