Ken S

New Ride

2 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Havent tried slavens, i had my original head milled by rbdesigns in Oregon and the rktek has way more toque than it,

Brian. Have you changed reeds or reed block. 

Been a long time since I’ve had a 2 stroke 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, Bp619 said:

Weird things with jettings on the new 300s, i had put the jd jet kit in mine ran like garbage with mikuni. Tried 3 different settings per manual and took it off, robert and as he just said works great in his with exact setting i tried.

mostly I believe the float height was way too high. the thing would spill from the standpipe at low lean over angles (that's the quick check) I set it to the minimum setting and the thing works fine.

all these mods....truth is you should just ride the thing. after suspension set up and OEM carb tune use.

13 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

all these mods....truth is you should just ride the thing. after suspension set up and OEM carb tune use.

I know but I have the sickness and the bank account is doing well. 

11 minutes ago, Ken S said:

I know but I have the sickness and the bank account is doing well. 

Ditto i have same problem i cant leave anything alone, yes changed to vforce i

I will add that I did add a V Force 4 Reed block assy, the OEM one is not as high quality but it is very much the same type design. The OEM Moto Tassinari side to side with the KTM OEM block just looks like a more precision quality device, not a mass produced part.

AND the Gnarley FMF pipe with Ti 2.1 silencer.  I like tractors. so yea some personal performance add ons for my taste. Im very particular, I want no stall, low RPM crawl, go up a gear and torque power through stuff, no stabilizer, minimal protection/lightweight stuff. Oh and must have ARC Memlon Levers. But that is just me. Less is more for me. BR7EIX plug. 60:1 K2 Maxima.  

Parts list so far that I either have or on order. 

Slavens Mule head. 

Scotts stabilizer

Cycra handguards 

Carbon fiber pipe guard

Lectron carb

V Force reeds

Accerbis clutch and stator covers. 

OEM cooling fan. 

Seat concepts comfort seat

Soon to come

Radiator guards 

Better skid plate 

Recluse and left hand brake

Lots of love by Suspension 101

And it’s only got 3 hours on it. 

I’m going for lite weight but with a bit of extra torque to haul my 250 pound butt around. 

• Like 1

Good list. I just put V force reeds in mine. Noticeable improvement. I have the FMF gnarly pipe as well, it’s a good pipe.

Its a good idea to keep a handful of pipe o-rings in the tool box too. The pipe will get knocked around and start leaking (evident by oil spray around exhaust socket) and you lose power. Doesn’t take long to swap out o-rings and get a good seal again if you got the o-rings laying around and don’t have to wait for the dealer to order more. 

First ride today after getting it dialed in. Wow. 

George at Suspension 101 did something over the top with this one. Told me he wanted to try some proto type stuff on it. It’s over my head what he did (ask him) but it’s amazing. No desire to touch a clicker. 

Plowed hard into deep whoops and rocks at speed and it’s so good all I can say is you’d have to try it to see for yourself. 

The combo of the Slavens Mule high compression head and the Slavens Lectron carb is spot on. Starts easy. Idles. The bog it had stock is gone. Didn’t touch a thing as directed by Jeff Slavens. 

My only small complaint is it kind of signs off on the pipe (stock)at about 65. Tops out at 75. 

Just installed a Pro Curcuit Platinum Pipe which is supposed to make more power especially on the big end. I hope so as I plan on Desert racing this bike. Shooting for speeds of 85-90  

Desert trip tomorrow for more testing. 

• Like 1

Going to need a 14 tooth to hit 90. Looks like need to take my bike back to George to get these updates he’s come up with over the past couple years

New pipe works great. Revs to 100 percent. 

Taller gearing needed  

Overheats in the dunes very quickly though. 

Going to call Slavens tomorrow. I think it’s running to lean. 

Go fat for the sand Ken. even with a bump up on the main mine was doing the pingy thingy and run on after throttle chops in the dunes at that last Nat out there, it was one of the few times I ever pinned my 300 for more than a few seconds. Another thought for trail rides/enduro pump gas is fine, if you use race gas she will clean up and run cooler for the dez. race stuff. But listen to Jeff he is a top tier professional tuner.

I'd also suggest running the Evans waterless coolant. Has a higher boiling point and you Never have to worry about corrosion.

44 minutes ago, Ptkatoomer said:

I'd also suggest running the Evans waterless coolant. Has a higher boiling point and you Never have to worry about corrosion.

All ready in it. Cooling fan installed as well. 

Thanks Paul. Let’s go riding.