MacDuncan

Kendall's to Superstition peaks

SoCalMule wrote: Had a great day yesterday CID! Thank you for a very fun exploration adventure! 😊

CID, Bagstr, PB and Amgems, as SoCalMule shared, thanks for a great day of riding.  A fantastic route with all sorts of stuff to keep aware of as we roamed the desert.  I really enjoyed navigating all the peaks on Superstition along a route that seemed to barely exist, rocky climbs next to sandy climbs.... and zipping through the wide open desert without anyone there (except the phantom SDAR member who we could only hear through the radio  -haha  ).  Although, my legs were a bit tired hiking Cowles today due to those whoops  :) -ouch.   Hope the rest of you have avoided any day-after soreness. 

Here is the Flying Amgems:
IMG_4930.thumb.JPG.c46d072dd39e77e902fd2562cb73202c.JPG

Here is the cast of Rat-Patrol before SDAR:
215177162_ratpatrol.jpg.81c897d5b41647142d13499e08404af5.jpg

Here they are after:
IMG_4933.thumb.JPG.7c4f7a983794592a4c88fff3e79c85e6.JPG

There always seems to be one bike that stands alone  :)
IMG_4943.thumb.JPG.e1b28f7981df32c1f1e0a0ff717fa56e.JPG

And an owner trying to find the way in - smiles!
IMG_4939.thumb.JPG.5b58afbf0ed9fbbbbd1a6e1fe57f528d.JPG

Luckily, I had a signal mirror to guide him!    Well done to all of you!  Thanks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacDuncan said:

SoCalMule wrote: Had a great day yesterday CID! Thank you for a very fun exploration adventure! 😊

CID, Bagstr, PB and Amgems, as SoCalMule shared, thanks for a great day of riding.  A fantastic route with all sorts of stuff to keep aware of as we roamed the desert.  I really enjoyed navigating all the peaks on Superstition along a route that seemed to barely exist, rocky climbs next to sandy climbs.... and zipping through the wide open desert without anyone there (except the phantom SDAR member who we could only hear through the radio  -haha  ).  Although, my legs were a bit tired hiking Cowles today due to those whoops  :) -ouch.   Hope the rest of you have avoided any day-after soreness. 

Here is the Flying Amgems:
IMG_4930.thumb.JPG.c46d072dd39e77e902fd2562cb73202c.JPG

Here is the cast of Rat-Patrol before SDAR:
215177162_ratpatrol.jpg.81c897d5b41647142d13499e08404af5.jpg

Here they are after:
IMG_4933.thumb.JPG.7c4f7a983794592a4c88fff3e79c85e6.JPG

There always seems to be one bike that stands alone  :)
IMG_4943.thumb.JPG.e1b28f7981df32c1f1e0a0ff717fa56e.JPG

And an owner trying to find the way in - smiles!
IMG_4939.thumb.JPG.5b58afbf0ed9fbbbbd1a6e1fe57f528d.JPG

Luckily, I had a signal mirror to guide him!    Well done to all of you!  Thanks. 

Thanks John! Great documentation of the "Rats" on patrol in their desert adventure wonderland! I loved that show as a kid! Great riding with you, and all of the guys! 

Waiting for the Ride Captain - Per- Protocol     😎

In Late Greek, the word prōtokollon referred to the first sheet of a papyrus roll bearing the date of its manufacture.

5 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Waiting for the Ride Captain - Per- Protocol

I just did an SDAR search for ride report protocol and this is what came up... is this it?

Poop protocol

By piratemonkey,  April 28, 2011 in Open Discussion 

Don’t wait on me I never took out my camera. Had fun exploring an area out of our normal routine.

Is that papyrus reference due to my advanced age?

CiD

2 hours ago, amgems said:

Awesome ride guys!

Video soon....

Thanks for all the efforts Jim! 

34 minutes ago, 97xr400r said:

you guys have all the fun:thumbsup_anim:

I miss seeing you Jonny! 

• Like 1

While visiting an Inn in a local village I met a mysterious traveler that told of riches at a far away southern mountain top. Inspired by the adventure, a group of men left the safety of the village park and followed like a serpent the mysterious leader through wild country.  I lost the serpents tail in the wilderness but found it after a desperate search. 

Arriving at the distant mountain range, the leader guided the group of brave men by secret pathways over perilous rock and sand to a mountain retreat. There,  the band stole the treasures of the mountains and flaunted their power. Not satisfied with our wealth, we travelled by dangerous trails to yet two more mountain castles to gather more treasure. The mountain gods awoke and we fled north through a twisted perilous secret escape. 

Free from the angry gods of the mountains, the men, like Hobbits were forced to take a journey through an unknowable  wasteland with many challenges. Only by the cunning of our guide were the mere men able to safely return to the village park. Appearing like wilderness scavengers to the village, the men were shunned from the bars. 

The weary travelers divided their hard won treasure and disappeared into the setting sun.

P10205211000w-L.jpg

P10205221000w-L.jpg

P10205201000w-L.jpg

P10205291000w-L.jpg

P10205281000w-L.jpg

P10205331000w-L.jpg

P10205321000w-L.jpg

P10205191000w-L.jpg

P10205341000w-L.jpg

P10205271000w-L.jpg

• Like 2

What a story of incredible wonders held in the hearts of the chosen few...

Super fun ride from B.S. to Superstition. Beautiful day. Cool temps. Wet dirt in the west. Little more dry in the east, but the dust was minimal. A good group of vagrants vagabonds. Here's to our leader C.I.D. :drinks:

Bagstr describes it so eloquently, Paul too. 

https://youtu.be/33qSiC25DH4

My first shot at GoPro video. Shooting, editing, uploading, etc. The camera was angled incorrectly. I think I tweaked it turning it on and off. Maybe moved my head around too much. Other than that, I think it came out pretty good for a noob. Battery ran out half way through the journey, but got a pretty good sampling of the funnest stuff. Please let me know what you think. Suggestions, advice welcome. Having fun. Lots to learn.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Aside from wanting to constantly turn right (in the beginning), it was nice and smooth.  Must be the plush Suspension, i.e lots of leg work.  Much better helmet mounted than other locations we've seen.  I've had same issue with not enough battery life.  Keep'em short!  Thanks!

Thanks Jim! Great video for your first attempt! Caught the spirit of the terrain we traversed. 

I made MrsBowers watch it, too. 

She still doesn’t understand. But she’s happy I’m happy. 

11 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

I made MrsBowers watch it, too. She still doesn’t understand. But she’s happy I’m happy. 

That's funny; as I was watching it I was thinking to myself "I wonder if Mama would enjoy this as much as I am?".  Then I watched it alone blissfully!

19 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

I made MrsBowers watch it, too. 

She still doesn’t understand. But she’s happy I’m happy. 

Mrs Paradise said that she saw "better lines" than the ones depicted by us! 

5 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Sometimes I tried to take us off the easy line. Nice video, it’s fun to see things from the comfort of my chair.

CiD

28 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Perhaps Mrs Paradise would enjoy joining us sometime?

20 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Sometimes I tried to take us off the easy line. 

Glad you did.