Thinking about riding ABDSP on Thursday. Breakfast 1st.

Just remember,  “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.” 

CiD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covered in Dust said:

Thinking about riding ABDSP on Thursday. Breakfast 1st.

Just remember,  “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.” 

CiD

In.

Currently (New Years Eve) raining in the Borrego area; many puddles forming.

Puddles...not Poodles. 

Cheers! The Mule

• Like 1

If there are Poodles forming Puddles, gotta see this.   Will they still be there Thursday??

i-2xzmVRF-L.jpg

i-MwMH8sh-L.jpg

It has been 2 years;  About Time.

The puddles (maybe the Poodles too) got cold last night! What a beautiful way to start the new year! Happy New Year everyone! May the new year bring abundance to you and yours in all ways.

Cheers, The Frozen Mule

P1011693.JPG

P1011694.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Clear and beautiful; Happy New Year Mark!

Thanks Bruce! Happy New Year! 

Riding without thinking Thursday,,,, 2nd Breakfast after 1st.

The Playground should be cleared out by then; and the roads safe to drive.

Hey guys, I recommend dressing in layers for this ride. It's only going to be in the 50's for a high on Thursday...Burrrr for the "year rounders" living in Borrego. See you at breakfast! Mmmmmm... CornBeefHash, lots of hot coffee and of course tomato juice for the brave ones! 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=33.224711300000024&lon=-116.36983170000002#.XCwK3y2ZOqB

Let’s do 8 at Kendall’s then 9ish for KSU. Bring gas if you have a small tank. We might cover some miles.

2 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Let’s do 8 at Kendall’s then 9ish for KSU. Bring gas if you have a small tank. We might cover some miles.

Damn. Just put on the 3.0. 

I should go for the 4? The 5???

Fish; Diablo Up, Nombre, Dos, Volcanic, Niland, Mecca,,,,,     

🛵

Is it January ?

12 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Damn. Just put on the 3.0. 

I should go for the 4? The 5???

I would go with the 4. Just thinking about looping around Superstition, but it’s all open to how we feel. 

CiD

19 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I would go with the 4. Just thinking about looping around Superstition, but it’s all open to how we feel. 

In. 

Only have a 3 gallon tank. I can carry an extra 2 liters (approx 1/2 gal). If I take it easy, and lean out the JD tuner, I can get about 40mpg in the dez sand. So, about 140 miles. There is gas available in Ocotillo or Seeley (10 miles east of Plaster City). But if none of that's gonna work I'll pass. I don't wanna screw up the loop. Thanks for the heads up Chris.

41 minutes ago, amgems said:

Only have a 3 gallon tank. I can carry an extra 2 liters (approx 1/2 gal). If I take it easy, and lean out the JD tuner, I can get about 40mpg in the dez sand. So, about 140 miles. There is gas available in Ocotillo or Seeley (10 miles east of Plaster City). But if none of that's gonna work I'll pass. I don't wanna screw up the loop. Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Don’t worry Jim, you should be fine. We can always run up to Salton Sea if we think we need to but we probably won’t need to.

In, thanks CID, I still haven't got a moto ride in yet this holiday break, so looking forward to it.

Amgems, you can borrow a rotopax gallon if you want to, I have 2. Your post here about carrying gas prompted me to post a pic on the fuel  thread post for fun.  Although I might carry one also as a back up. I'll throw them in the truck as an option, either way ok. 

9 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

Don’t worry Jim, you should be fine. We can always run up to Salton Sea if we think we need to but we probably won’t need 

Cool, thanks, see you tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, MacDuncan said:

In, thanks CID, I still haven't got a moto ride in yet this holiday break, so looking forward to it.

Amgems, you can borrow a rotopax gallon if you want to, I have 2. Your post here about carrying gas prompted me to post a pic on the fuel  thread post for fun.  Although I might carry one also as a back up. I'll throw them in the truck as an option, either way ok. 

Thanks John, I'll have a couple of bottles full of gas just in case. So no need to bring the extra rotopax.

Bringing 4 Gallons and a wind breaker.Maybe 15lbs of air for safety.

12 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Maybe 15lbs of air for safety.

I’ll hunt around the recycling bin to find a 15lb box. 📦