Anybody up for an early ride?

options "on the table"-

supermoto- Viejas Grade to Pine Creek to sunrise, then back on 79

semi-fun- Bear Valley to Corral interior

slightly sandy- Lark Canyon

Weather looks like it should be nice by then... if you believe www.weather.com

I can meet at the P.V. exit Sunday A.M. (or anywhere else for that matter) - What time?

> I can meet at the P.V. exit Sunday A.M. (or anywhere else for that matter) - What time?

Me, too.

-Steve

Have a small group heading out through anza b. and the sqeeze on sun unloading at pinyon mtn at 8:30ish anyone up?

Somebody call the FAA!!! Hijack alert!!!

I will check back tomorrow and see who is still on for the pine valley ride...

Yankin your chain tom- no big

As a neophyte, in the interest of learning how to decipher the original post, was there the offer of three different rides?

Would I also be correct in that the first ride was more of a road ride thru the twistys?

I have not yet hooked up for a ride yet, as I don’t know enough about the rides to pick the right equipment or technical ability needed. Please bear with me and clue me in.

Thanks, Brian

;)

The way I'm reading the post and reply's it looks like option #2 "semi-fun- Bear Valley to Corral interior" is the the ride that will happen. I really want to go but don't know if I can secure the day pass from the wife. She's got a bunch of unfolded laundry sitting around; folding it may earn me the pass if I feel ambitious ;)

'slut - 0800 sounds good, see ya there (P.V. exit south of I-8)...

t'h - hijacks are only allowed up to (but not including) your 20th post. After that you're not really a noob anymore...

'BLOOD - you've got the general idea, now come ride with us. Bring the ORANGE equipment (us orange blooded bretheren need to stick together ;) ), mostly easy stuff, some minor technical downhill getting from Bear Valley to Corral... Nobody gets left behind (except maybe Alex... and only once in a while :lol: )

'fish2 - fold the laundry and see you at 0800. I can only ride for 1/2 the day ;)

PalmAve' - too bad you have to kick dogs that day :lol:

Orangeblood- As far as deciphering my original post< you understand it right...

Originally I laid three "plans" on the table... I want to ride, but keep fairly close to home so it could be a half-day ride... Those three rides would've fit... Pine Valley got responses, so that's the plan... We'll do the same old loop (that I never get tired of)

Bear Valley road, maybe check out some off shoot singletrack, hit kernan, then when we get to Corral proper, we'll get a feel for the group inclination.

All of Corral is great fun... I have as much fun on Greenhorn as I do on Bronco Peak.

Anybody that wants to go, but is unsure of pace or technical expertise... DON'T WORRY... It's not that technical, and pace will only be as fast as the slowest guy...

I'll be ready to go at 8:00, and we'll give 10 minutes or so of CA time, for the fashionably late men's pinkie ring models, if needed

I,m gonna try and join you guys. Gotta get a new adventure pass...

See ya at PV 8:00 sunday morning....

I,m gonna try and join you guys. Gotta get a new adventure pass...

See ya at PV 8:00 sunday morning....

I have an extra in my truck, or you can park under the bridge. Or you can buy a pass :unsure:

Ok guys... steve will be the leader now, and i'll ride sweep! Steve knows more of the singletrack than I do... and he's um... what's the word???? Oh yeah; i remember... FASTER

I'll also bring FSR radios... see you there Steve!

+1 more for PV sunday if thats cool? Im new to this forum, would love to meet some more riders. What kind of truck would I be looking for?

Brent

Somebody call the FAA!!! Hijack alert!!!

I will check back tomorrow and see who is still on for the pine valley ride...

Yankin your chain tom- no big

hey no hi jack intended. you said your plans were on the table , everyone have a great ride wherever your wheels may wander.

I am officially out. Headed up to Reno tomorrow, I'll be all over the country until Monday night.

Have fun and be safe,

Jon

quote name='Esefa' date='Apr 17 2008, 06:07 PM' post='20344']

+1 more for PV sunday if thats cool? Im new to this forum, would love to meet some more riders. What kind of truck would I be looking for?

Brent

Look for the bike with the S on the headlight shroud... that would be me... and of course you are welcome to join us... I'm not sure you'll "love' meeting THIS group, but sometimes, you take what you can get...

Look for the bike with the S on the headlight shroud... that would be me... and of course you are welcome to join us... I'm not sure you'll "love' meeting THIS group, but sometimes, you take what you can get...

Speak for yourself! :angel:

Speak for yourself! :angel:

I was... :)

I was hoping to meet up with you also, but as I don't know the area, are you meeting at the Pine Valley offramp? I've been out 8 and seen the offramp, but never gotten off the 8 until Yuma (gas stop). Would I be able to see the S on the headlight shroud from the offramp? or do I need more direction.

I was hoping to meet up with you also, but as I don't know the area, are you meeting at the Pine Valley offramp? I've been out 8 and seen the offramp, but never gotten off the 8 until Yuma (gas stop). Would I be able to see the S on the headlight shroud from the offramp? or do I need more direction.

Look for the circling SAR helicopter :)

No- You have the right exit... if you park "inside the fence" you defintely need an adventure pass... I think you are fine without one if you park under the bridge :angel:

we'll be grouping up and wait a few minutes for last minute lurkers... Steve is notoriously early, and will probably have been riding for a half hour before the rest of us get there...

I AM considering getting a neon kit to light up the S at night, but you proabably won't be able to see it from the freeway... when it's upside down... in a ditch...

see ya'll there around 8 on Sunday...

Got two more add-ons (not from this site)

If the group gets too big, maybe we can split up, and keep the dust down... we're looking at 5 or 6 right now...

mimi; if you want to join us, I'll bring a full jug of gas for your bike and your jeep... we can at least keep you riding while you're looking for work...

I'm looking to go on the ride also. I will bring the KTM and the famous "Rescue Truck #2".

XTSTEVE :angel:

Looks like I've got a couple of lurker adds too. This one may be heading for upwards of 10 or so, so just look for the HUGE group of guys (and gal?) that are milling around and come introduce yourself :)

Maybe a lunch trip to the lake would be in order?

See y'all there...

(nice post oh great and influential slutty one :angel: )

:) THanks Rob... :) uh... :) was that a compliment? :angel:

See you guys there... don't be scared off by the size of the group... if we determine it is too many, we'll split it up, and make sure each group has a leader/sweep combo that knows what's up.

an example might be;

Steve takes a group on the rocky singletrack and I take a group on the fireroad...