Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Offroad Tires Explained - Rocky Mountain Video

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/742/64933/Shinko-R505-Hybrid-Cheater-Tire

Check Out the Videos at the bottom of the page -  Motorcross and Offroad Tires 101,  There is also a Single Track vid.

Personally  interested in the Golden 333 that is getting mucho chatter lately. That or a Shinko equivalent.  Is this a 300 mile tire or 1,500 miles. If it is not DOT, I  may as well stay with the Maxxis Desert IT. 

Thorough discussion the 60 weight oil up next!

For desert and riding it seems like you do i wouldnt go shinko cheater will wear too quick and wont notice its benefits. Maxxis desert is such a good tire hard to replace. I used a gt333 for a while and just didnt like it but was only on slower rocky single track will put one on desert bike here soon

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Thorough discussion the 60 weight oil up next!

Oh boy...here we go! ;)

Got 2 Shinko 505 Cheaters for Christmas (and some tire spoons) after riding with a buddy who's ridden them for quite a while now.   He says he gets good mileage out of them (rides Ocotillo mostly, but also Baja on this tire).  Looking forward to getting one mounted and giving it a try.  Nice to see it compared in the viddy!

Look at the 525 shinko cheater, thats me and buddies preferred tire for mccain, which is very soft like desert.

Mucho mas knobbie

Now you tell me, Brian!  I got 2 to throw on and run, and you know how often I get to get out!  Still looking forward to this over the stock Continentals that came on the bike...