Huntndogs

Carrying your radio

I had previously picked up a KLIM Nac Pak backpack to ride with and when I got a radio set, I found a great place to carry the radio. The Nac Pak has a semi rigid goggle case on the top and inside is a cloth pouch. This was a perfect spot for the radio, but needs a spot for the antennae to exit. I purchased al brass tarp grommet kit and used the punch to make a hole in the goggle case and pounded in a grommet. The wires go through the hydration pouch via a small slit I made inside and then down the left shoulder strap. The hydration tube exits the right side. Worked like a charm the few times I have used it.  Just thought I would share...

B72C866C-7CF2-4A01-8F14-F15688FC95ED.jpeg

BE78E280-943A-4D7B-A662-596891AC45CC.jpeg

4040130D-2894-40BB-8159-C71A29513AF2.jpeg

70CE2956-68ED-4CBD-8623-721831465214.jpeg

69F6C836-3D81-4F4F-8521-AC030EA0BC03.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice.

My preference is to wear my radio of the front of my Klim Arsenal vest. That way I have access to the controls. 

Yup very clean in klim pack, i have same as jims after seeing his. I dont see a reason to have access to it since u will mostly just leave on and on one station all day with a ptt on bike. 

I'm planning to purchase a Klim Nac Pack and I really like the idea to use the google pouch for the radio with a grommet hole for the antenna. Thanks for sharing your idea! 

16 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

I'm planning to purchase a Klim Nac Pack and I really like the idea to use the google pouch for the radio with a grommet hole for the antenna. Thanks for sharing your idea! 

Welcome, your a bit away but if your in town (Santee area) you can take and use the grommet kit if you want to do this.

23 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

Welcome, your a bit away but if your in town (Santee area) you can take and use the grommet kit if you want to do this.

I was wondering whether or not to ask you about that. Thank you very much! I will PM you when I get the pack. One other thing, I'm using the large battery on my rugged radio, I think I have to turn it sideways in the goggle pouch?

1 minute ago, SoCalMule said:

I was wondering whether or not to ask you about that. Thank you very much! I will PM you when I get the pack. One other thing, I'm using the large battery on my rugged radio, I think I have to turn it sideways in the goggle pouch?

Remember- vhf needs to be vertically polarized.....

16 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Ya, extended battery may not fit. The short ones are cheap on Amazon.

43 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Remember- vhf needs to be vertically polarized.....

Ok, thanks!

3 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Remember- vhf needs to be vertically polarized...

Does all that just mean to mount upright?

4 minutes ago, royboyz said:

Does all that just mean to mount upright?

No- it means the antenna must be vertical. 😀

On 12/23/2018 at 7:37 PM, Bp619 said:

Yup very clean in klim pack, i have same as jims after seeing his. I dont see a reason to have access to it since u will mostly just leave on and on one station all day with a ptt on bike. 

Agreed. But I want easy access to volume control. I keep my volume low for a few specific reasons.