Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery - On the Shelf

My five year old EarthX Lithium battery may be giving up.  Does anyone know of a local retailer with Liths on the shelf, or will I need to have it shipped??

Experiencing mystery shut downs.  E.G.   staring while in gear with clutch disengaged. The Dash goes blank and no cranking.  Wait a couple of minutes and poof, back online.  These EarthX units have several safety circuits that protect it from short circuit and over-cranking. Going to do a voltage test under load / starting and see if the voltage is dropping during cranking. Measures 14 vdc or more at rest 

I wonder if my Deltron Lith charger does a diagnostic? 

Put a call in to Ben with MotoWire

I'm sure you checked your ground wire. Clean and tight?

I have an Optimate Lithium charger that does a diagnostic. Lemme know if you need to borrow it.

I had an Earth X in the 350. It would act funny sometimes too. If it was real cold it would crank once and then "shut off" and not crank again for a few minutes. Same when it was really hot. My guess is it's the protection circuitry.

I'll bet there are some bike shops that have some on hand.

Load Test -  Headlight, In gear: Voltage drops to 8 vdc and even 5vdc.   Yes, grounds and connections all solid. Measure at terminals. 

Buying an Antigravity from Rock Mtn.  ATZ7   $117 Free delivery.  I don't have time to call all the shops. 

Thank You for the feedback.

Family In Town next week;  They will be bored with me by Weds or Thurs at the latest in regard to Desert Escape. 

• Like 1

All's Well after Installation of new battery.  Also pulled the headlamp and service all the connections with electrical cleaner. The dash and time/ odometer have stopped zeroing out and no further dead battery starting issue. Hopefully good for another 5 years.