Sneeker

Rocket Launch

The military (ULA) is launching a DELTA IV HEAVY rocket, with secret payload, out of Vandenburg AFB tomorrow 5:44pm.

The amateur rocketeers are predicting the orbit will require a flight path SE of Vandenburg.  The DELTA IV HEAVY is the biggest cargo rocket in the USAF quiver.

This will mean that there should be an exceptional ET light show just off our coast at that time tomorrow.  Check it out.

https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/delta-iv-nrol-71

• Like 2

My neighbor called me when SpaceX launched one of their rockets about a year ago that left the crazy light show in the sky; he thought we were being invaded (he is a young guy with no family in the state so he calls me when he overthinks things :) ).  Looking forward to seeing what this thing does later!

The heavy! Thanks for the heads up. That space x show was incredible, hope this can one up it.

😎

20171222_173225.jpg

We randomly caught the one a month or two ago had dinner party with 4 little kids outside they were going nuts

Bummer...hydrogen leak! Scrubbed till tomorrow at 5:31 pm.

• Sad 1

I wonder how much it costs to delay for a day? 
Don't they have to pump out those fuel tanks?  Moving 500,000 gallons of cryo liquid (and keeping it liquid) each time seems like no small feat!

I hope they get it done before the government shutdown 😀

Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018

(Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., Dec. 20, 2018) – The launch of a United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy carrying the NROL-71 mission for the National Reconnaissance Office was scrubbed yesterday due to indications of elevated hydrogen concentrations within the port booster engine section.

The team is currently reviewing all data and set the next launch attempt no earlier than Dec. 30, 2018.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, amgems said:

I hope they get it done before the government shutdown 😀

The team is currently reviewing all data and set the next launch attempt no earlier than Dec. 30, 2018.

Bummer...:mellow: