CPRides

Pine Valley Rd on a big bike

I went out to ride pine valley Rd. And found that it’s now vey rutted from the rain and also made a rookie mistake and performed my first dirt inspection. The bike was fine though so good news there. My shiney new KTM 1090 was bound to get a couple scratches eventually. the full length video is in 2 parts on YouTube.com/CPRides. I can’t seem to figure out how to put a video on here. 

A829857E-8448-4FE4-8353-8EBAF5C73C52.jpeg

Those big ruts where you parked is where I had my worst get off so far...😳 

30 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

Those big ruts where you parked is where I had my worst get off so far...😳 

My friend told me it was an easy fire road I suppose he was a bit off I found it pretty though since I’m new to dirt riding 

3 minutes ago, CPRides said:

My friend told me it was an easy fire road I suppose he was a bit off I found it pretty though since I’m new to dirt riding 

Yeah its gotten pretty bad last 5-10 years. Next time try pine creek to sunrise hwy little easier and more scenic 

16 minutes ago, CPRides said:

Thanks for posting them tntmo how did you do that.

Copy link, paste it in the body of the reply.  Good videos.

There will be an environmental fee ( not a tax), for bush destruction and paint transfer to that rock. Overall you done good just a little off in that one spot but that is a little tricky right there. Big bike yikes.

3 hours ago, CPRides said:

My biff was almost identical...Was chasing trying to catch a buddy and hit that in 3rd gear and moving way too fast. I just picked a rut and hoped for the best. It spit me out at the top just like you, but I hit my head and thought I broke every rib on my right side. Think I caught my thumb on the mirror exiting the bike since it felt broke for about a month. Felt that one for two months but no damage other than plastic and helmet scratches and and no actual injuries. I just layed there until my buddy realized I was not behind him anymore 😁

CPRides, nice bike and picture.

I was curious about that trail too. Looks like I would probably opt for a smaller bike though. 

I was just able to watch the videos.

Couple things, that bike sounds good. Maybe it was just my speakers, but I thought it had a nice mid tone rumble to it. I thought you made the ride look pretty easy, especially on that size of bike. You look like a pretty good rider, better than I. There are a couple spots on that trail that I would have had some trouble maintaining the speed and momentum you carried, mainly in the very rutted out area and that nasty rocky hill in the 1st video. You seemed to have pretty good throttle control too. That bike didn't look like it was all jerky and snappy with every little movement.

As for the dirt inspection, it is going to happen. Glad you and bike are OK first and foremost. You say in your video that you should have walked the bike up that section, but I honestly thought it looked pretty good until the last little bit when you drifted to the right and then crested over the peak with a little more moment than space available. Honestly, I probably would have done much worse than you.

It sounds like you learned some lessons and will probably apply them to your next ride.

I really enjoyed the videos. I like the scenery in the videos. It was cool to see that the trail was pretty open for you, considering all the traffic that was in the parking lot on your way in.

Did that road last year solo on the big bike.  That section is way worse. 

Its all relative. see Chris Birch's "The Hut" video for one.

Nice videos and ride. Recently (noob) picked up the 1290 SAT and I'm certain I'm in no condition to do that road, both me and the bike! Thanks for sharing!