On 2/16/2019 at 6:11 AM, dirt dame said:

If you have anymore troubles, you can just bring the tire and wheel over to my house.  I have plenty of tools to get the job done.😎

2017-05-27_11-37-13.jpg

Mimi, what is the name of your machine?

6 hours ago, socalhodaka said:

Mimi, what is the name of your machine?

It's a Coats 220.

22 hours ago, La Mesa Mike said:

Update?  

I know others here have said it, but it cannot be emphasized enough.  Once you have the initial side on You absolutely have push the bead of the tire to the center of the wheel while you install the second side.  If you do not center the bed on the rim, you will not have adequate stretch to pop the 2nd bead over the rim.  Wherever you have your tire iron, make sure the the bead is in the center of the wheel opposite the iron, this will give the tire the extra inch it needs to roll on smoothly.

Once you get that bead centered, it is as easy as putting on a bicycle tire.

I got into a predicament (my son wanted to go riding) and ended up taking it down to Cycle Gera to finish it up (I am embarrassed to say it but I was running out of time and Kug stopped by (not the reason I was running out of time!!) and saw it missing so I can't even lie and say I did it!).  But........I still need to do the rear on my XR650 so I will be back on this again soon. 

I will get this, and I really do appreciate all of the advice.  I am sure that once I figure it out the first time it will all be much clearer!

49 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

I got into a predicament (my son wanted to go riding) and ended up taking it down to Cycle Gera to finish it up (I am embarrassed to say it but I was running out of time and Kug stopped by (not the reason I was running out of time!!) and saw it missing so I can't even lie and say I did it!).  But........I still need to do the rear on my XR650 so I will be back on this again soon. 

I will get this, and I really do appreciate all of the advice.  I am sure that once I figure it out the first time it will all be much clearer!

Bruce you are welcome to come by my house for a hands on lesson or I might be able to come to your house and help out. Let me know.

Chris

Cid is great at tire changing management!!

18345091-BAC4-41BA-871A-411BEA33EDDC.jpeg

11 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

Bruce you are welcome to come by my house for a hands on lesson or I might be able to come to your house and help out. Let me know.

Chris

Wow, Chris; that is an awesome offer!!  I will get the rear wheel off of the XR (hopefully over the weekend) and then check your schedule.  I am happy to drive up at your convenience.

Very cool offer; thank you!!

13 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Wow, Chris; that is an awesome offer!!  I will get the rear wheel off of the XR (hopefully over the weekend) and then check your schedule.  I am happy to drive up at your convenience.

Very cool offer; thank you!!

Don't be fooled........he's simply offering to take a picture of his boots while also offering advice from the lounge chair with a cold beer in his hand :rolleyes::heh::drinks:

7 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

Don't be fooled........he's simply offering to take a picture of his boots while also offering advice from the lounge chair with a cold beer in his hand :rolleyes::heh::drinks:

Now that makes sense; I am so stupid some times!!!

On 2/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, Van said:

Cid is great at tire changing management!!

18345091-BAC4-41BA-871A-411BEA33EDDC.jpeg

That changer needs no management.

Death Valley. And SoCalMule, please notice the prop holding the bike up!

5 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

That changer needs no management.

Death Valley. And SoCalMule, please notice the prop holding the bike up!

Love it! Just bought the same type of compressor you lent me the other day! No more bicycle pump pinched skin!