Sign in to follow this  
Pokey151

Storm coming Thursday, where to ride?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but Friday should be a good time.  I will be on a 450 exc.  Was thinking bee canyon but fire roads are getting old.

Where do you live by?

Do you stage ?

That ride bags is doing is up there. If i wasnt workin that day i would roost all over it.

I am in Ramona, I can load my bike up and haul out anywhere.  I am new to dual sport but ride MX with some GP racing as well mostly Beg class.  I have no idea how to rate my skill on a dual sport but would like to ride some single track stuff..   For the last few years I love bee canyon after or during a rain in hope of hitting fresh snow (tricky riding in snow but I like the technical aspect) plus the forest area in damp conditions is a great retreat from the typical southern California sage brush hills

welp, it looks like your heading east . just go straight to Julian, 

step 1 . post up a ride starting in Julian on either fri or saturday.

step 2.  stage in Julian while meeting new riding buddies at prescribed meeting point.

step 3.  go on said awesome adventure while developing friendships and memories that potentialy, could last a life time.

just playing , i have no idea how to start a ride going.  my idea of a good time is bashing my bike over some rock  obsticals, while negotiating sand.

if thats something your into, then meet me at the Jacumba Chevron station this weekend. preferably in the AM, 

Pokey,

We Ride Anza Borrego Desert State Park in the mid-week.  PMB has set up a breakfast and following ride for tomorrow - Wednesday Nov 28 -  if you can get away.

Check the Informal Local Rides Thread for details. 

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

welp, it looks like your heading east . just go straight to Julian, 

step 1 . post up a ride starting in Julian on either fri or saturday.

step 2.  stage in Julian while meeting new riding buddies at prescribed meeting point.

step 3.  go on said awesome adventure while developing friendships and memories that potentialy, could last a life time.

just playing , i have no idea how to start a ride going.  my idea of a good time is bashing my bike over some rock  obsticals, while negotiating sand.

if thats something your into, then meet me at the Jacumba Chevron station this weekend. preferably in the AM, 

DSCF0647.JPG

Thanks guys, I could not get off work today.  With a little more notice I can arrange time off.

Circus Finger

Bee Canyon is great visually, it starts at Hemet and is a 4x4 trail (easy riding. Just need clearance for a vehicle) so it goes up to Idyllwild)  if you dont want to ride in town, non plated vehicles can go also.  Up towards the top its stunning.  I love it after a rain.  As of now we are planning Friday but if the heavy rain continues to Friday then it may get pushed to sunday, but nothing is set in stone.  The pace will be an easy pace if my friend goes.  But due to the layout, you can peel off and get on it for a bit. Then wait for the slower riders to catch up.  That's usually what i do.  I'll PM you my number and we a can link up 8f you want to join us.  I am open all weekend but the storm will dictate when we can go

1 hour ago, Pokey151 said:

Thanks guys, I could not get off work today.  With a little more notice I can arrange time off.

Circus Finger

Bee Canyon is great visually, it starts at Hemet and is a 4x4 trail (easy riding. Just need clearance for a vehicle) so it goes up to Idyllwild)  if you dont want to ride in town, non plated vehicles can go also.  Up towards the top its stunning.  I love it after a rain.  As of now we are planning Friday but if the heavy rain continues to Friday then it may get pushed to sunday, but nothing is set in stone.  The pace will be an easy pace if my friend goes.  But due to the layout, you can peel off and get on it for a bit. Then wait for the slower riders to catch up.  That's usually what i do.  I'll PM you my number and we a can link up 8f you want to join us.  I am open all weekend but the storm will dictate when we can go

Sounds amazing. I cant go Friday due to work but I'm available both days this weekend. If the rain pushes it to Sunday I am in 100%.

If not, I may go explore it a bit on my own Saturday. I cant resist a new trail.

theres a good place to eat out there called paradise valley cafe. good burgers and live entertainment

On 11/27/2018 at 2:39 PM, Pokey151 said:

I am in Ramona, I can load my bike up and haul out anywhere.  I am new to dual sport but ride MX with some GP racing as well mostly Beg class.  I have no idea how to rate my skill on a dual sport but would like to ride some single track stuff..   For the last few years I love bee canyon after or during a rain in hope of hitting fresh snow (tricky riding in snow but I like the technical aspect) plus the forest area in damp conditions is a great retreat from the typical southern California sage brush hills

I plan to ride through bee canyon at some point sunday, can't make it friday. Going to Idyllwild from Anza and back on dirt.

Gonna take it relatively easy if I'm by myself. If you can also ride Sunday I'd like to hit some single track too.