DSM8

Time for another tech day?

So its been a while and we are getting into the desert riding season so wanted to guage interest in somthing after thanksgiving and before xmas

TENTATIVE DATE 12/22/18.

Yes ! Thanks for offering, let's do it. 

Calling ADV Bum.

Anything but the weekend of December 8th please.

My son has Basketball tournaments every weekend in Dec. My wife is off either the Weekend of the 8th or 22nd, so I could do those two sat. I could do Sat the 15th but I would have to leave early to try and get my son to the tournament. 22nd would be best for me, but may be to close to Xmas for some.  Let me know!

It’s where a bunch of us go over to Dave’s house and drink beer and eat hamburgers and watch others work on their bikes! 

I replied to this but it didnt seem to stick.

12/22 seems to be the go to date for now so I propose this is what we shoot for.

Per the usual rules you are responsible for the bringing of what ever you need in terms of oil etc.

Collection and disposal I will take care of.

Any donations go right to SDAR, unless you have a sheared frame bolt, then we charge you extra and that too goes to SDAR (you know who you are...)

:lol:

Also if needed stuff can be sent to my place in advance (tires etc). PM for address old tires can be disposed of at 8Ball owners are responsible for that cost (bout $5 per tire).

I've been wanting someone to look over my shoulder while doing valves on my KLR.  Is that the kind of thing people do here?

I'm new to this area but am from the Black Hills near Sturgis.  Did the KLR "doohickey" at a tech day up there.

2 hours ago, Grimlock said:

I've been wanting someone to look over my shoulder while doing valves on my KLR.  Is that the kind of thing people do here?

I'm new to this area but am from the Black Hills near Sturgis.  Did the KLR "doohickey" at a tech day up there.

Valves on a KLR is kind of a specialized knowledge. I dont have it but if someone does then yet, BUT you also need to have the shims with you since it is bucket under shim and you dont want to put it all together again only to have to take it apart. That is one of the downfalls to this kind of design.

If you want to do this make sure to clean your bike before hand, get all the dirt etc off the valve cover as a precaution. Taking the tank off and doing that a few days before is the best plan.

I wont do valves on a dirty bike, too much risk to be had.

I will look, might have some valve shims for the KLR.  It’s an easy job, happy to help if I make it.

21 hours ago, Grimlock said:

If we have a doctor in the house my right shoulder needs a looking at . It is crunchy .

37 minutes ago, kkug said:

If we have a doctor in the house my right shoulder needs a looking at . It is crunchy .

They all do that.  Turn up the music louder so you don’t hear it.

1 hour ago, kkug said:

I got a sawz all can take care of that no problem but bring a stick to bite on

I might be available to attend the Tech Day. Honestly, kind of weird for me and not so comfortable, socially. But I need to break out of my shell and meet new folks since moving down here. I don't really have any maintenance that needs done to either of my bikes at the moment, so, really I would stop by to meet some of you, see some of the stuff you all have, annoy you all with questions and maybe hold the flash light or catch pan for someone.

45 minutes ago, erik_26 said:

I might be available to attend the Tech Day. Honestly, kind of weird for me and not so comfortable, socially. But I need to break out of my shell and meet new folks since moving down here. I don't really have any maintenance that needs done to either of my bikes at the moment, so, really I would stop by to meet some of you, see some of the stuff you all have, annoy you all with questions and maybe hold the flash light or catch pan for someone.

Just come, introduce your self and have a Burger. We don't bite.

1 hour ago, ADV Bum said:

DSM8 what would be a good weekend for you?

Mike, he said 12/22.

12/22 works for me pretty much any Saturday is good

2 hours ago, erik_26 said:

Come on down not all of us are that bad