KTMrad

A Salute to All Veterans, My Father and Brother

A salute to all our veterans, past and present. I'd like to take this moment to also thank my father for his service as a teenager in the underground, first against the Nazis, then against the Communist Regime in Czechoslovakia. He was a gunsmith for the underground, and he and his buddies blew up a Nazi train once, then had to hide in the farm fields for a couple days before going home.

My brother was also a RIO in backseat of an F-14 for years, and flew the reconnaissance mission for our retaliatory airstrikes around the time of  the Beirut barracks bombing in 1983.

After WWII in Communist occupied Czechoslovakia, one day my father went home and the KGB was waiting to arrest him in the living room. Luckily instead of going to front door, he went to back door where his mother was waiting and told him to run. He then escaped to Germany before coming to America. He couldn't go back to Czechoslovakia for fear of persecution until after the fall of communism in the early '90's.

Quite a story. Glad he got away, we wouldn’t have had SDAR otherwise!

Thanks to all who protect 👍👍

• Like 1

Thank you to all who served.   My dad entered WW-2 at age 17 and served in the South Pacific.  He served 26 years making him a vet of WW-2, Korea and Viet Nam.  He is 92 and still goes to Barona weekly.  My son is a P-3 pilot in his 10th year in the Navy.

• Like 1

That’s quite some history KTMR! Dad served in the Navy, Uncle was in Air Force and I did a few years in the Army. Appreciate all those that served, especially in combat and thanks for all the supporters of our awesome military.

Robertaccio Sgt. USMC, VMAQ-2 , 2nd MAW , Cherry Pit NC. EA-6B Electrical systems, flight crew qualified, WSQ swimmer. FahQ MC. Salute to the Vets. Way too many stories to post...and many inappropriate to post.

While at Basic Training, our Sargent told entertaining stories about life in Vietnam. He used bad language.  We were impressed.  1971

:blink:

Mark Paradise AMT1 USCG (Retired) Rescue Swimmer Flight Mechanic: HH65A, HH-3F, HH-60J, HH-52A rescue helicopters; 20 years served. Thanks to all who serve(d) and their families whom support(ed) them.